Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share whats working for me at the moment, very exciting times.

My name is Angel and I live in Atlanta, Georgia

I've purchased 3 cars in my life, a 1991 Nissan Sentra, 2002 Nissan Sentra, and a 2013 Nissan Leaf in 2014. My Leaf is currently down to 70% max charge capacity with a range of about 60 miles, I've put 104,000 miles on it over these past 8 year. I considered a Tesla Model 3 two years ago but was not happy with the build quality after a test drive so I continued driving my car hoping something better would come along.

In the Fall of 2021 I put my $100 down for a F150 Lightning
On December 21, 2021 I put my deposit down the the Rivian

Rivian Blue
Forest Edge
Adventure Package
Max Pack
20" AT Dark
Powered Tonneau Cover
Full Size Spare
Cargo Crossbars
Rooftop Bike Mounts

On June 20, 2022 after realizing that this build probably wouldn't come till 2024 if not later I decided to switch my build to a Large Pack and the 21" Road Wheels

On July 11, 2022 after reading all of the great info here I decided to delete my spare tire from the order.
On July 12, 2022 I received my Configuration is ready to Confirm email
On July 13, 2022 I am starting my 8 steps.
Vin number is in the mid 9000 range

Good luck everyone, happy driving.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am betting it has to do with the fact that you live in Georgia. I have the almost identical configuration in since May 2021 and still no emails. Only difference is I reside in Michigan. Which, when you think about it, is strange given the fact that I can drive to the former Rivian HQ and see 10-15 R1Ts in their parking lot to be gawked at. I doubt may other places in the country have that wide of a selection (barring the plant itself) to be viewed.

Anywho, enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am betting it has to do with the fact that you live in Georgia. I have the almost identical configuration in since May 2021 and still no emails. Only difference is I reside in Michigan. Which, when you think about it, is strange given the fact that I can drive to the former Rivian HQ and see 10-15 R1Ts in their parking lot to be gawked at. I doubt may other places in the country have that wide of a selection (barring the plant itself) to be viewed.

Anywho, enjoy the ride!
I actually went biking yesterday to hunt for the new Service Center here in Atlanta. There were 16 at the service center and 8 at their satellite location a few miles away.

24 for the city is a low number, I’ve seen as many as 54 vehiclesin the lots over the past few months.

Good luck, I hope your vehicle comes through soon for you.

Reactions: ERivTruck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you have the underbody shield on yours? I keep hearing stories like this and have modified my config to try to move back up in line (was Jul-Sep, then bumped to Oct/Nov). I have a similar config and changed to BM interior and 21" wheels to try to game the system but no luck yet. I'm in Denver (lots of deliveries) so I don't think it's location - although Georgia does seem to get a huge number of deliveries. I am wondering whether removing the UBS and/or spare would get me a config or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have the underbody shield on yours? I keep hearing stories like this and have modified my config to try to move back up in line (was Jul-Sep, then bumped to Oct/Nov). I have a similar config and changed to BM interior and 21" wheels to try to game the system but no luck yet. I'm in Denver (lots of deliveries) so I don't think it's location - although Georgia does seem to get a huge number of deliveries. I am wondering whether removing the UBS and/or spare would get me a config or not.
No underbody shield, deleting the spare tire would seemed to have made the difference. I’ve never had a spare with my 2013 Leaf so it wasn’t a big deal to delete it for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No underbody shield, deleting the spare tire would seemed to have made the difference. I’ve never had a spare with my 2013 Leaf so it wasn’t a big deal to delete it for me.
Thanks! I think I'll try ditching the spare and see if that gets me a truck sooner! My only concern with not having a spare with the 21" wheels is that it's such a unique size it might be a challenge to get a spare if I need one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talked to my guide this evening. They said that the vehicle has been produced but that it's still going through the quality checks at factory and that it should be leaving Normal within the week to head to the Atlanta Service Center. Fast moving. Exciting.

Reactions: ERivTruck

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been seriously rethinking the need for the full size spare vs the extra storage and I might just delete it and save the money and maybe get a bump in line

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah my pre order is from before a lot of the people saying they are taking delivery now but not much (July 21). But it looks like maybe a lot of them have the 21" wheels and I have the 20" AT
The earlier batches seem to trend toward 20” AT while the most recent have trended to 21” probably best to keep what you really want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a similar situation. I had every option picked since day one of my reservation from late Q3 of last year.
I removed the kitchen, tent, and max pack in June. I didn't remove the full size spare. My delivery is tomorrow.

In my opinion, the original config with the max pack to large pack is a significant contributor to the bump ups.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just now hearing from the Atlanta Service Center, scheduled to pick up the truck Wednesday morning, the 20th of July.

I am very very excited.

Reactions: tgo10000

·
Registered
546 Posts
For all you that have gone or will be going through the 8 step program (recovering gas-aholics, LOL), how soon are you scheduled to take delivery of your R1Ts after you completed step 8? Also, when were you officially assigned a VIN number so you can get a title and insurance?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
For all you that have gone or will be going through the 8 step program (recovering gas-aholics, LOL), how soon are you scheduled to take delivery of your R1Ts after you completed step 8? Also, when were you officially assigned a VIN number so you can get a title and insurance?
Great questions, it all happening really fast. Just under 9 days from my confirmation email to delivery. 8 days from when I was invited to start my 8 steps.

I received my Confirm your Configuration email last Monday evening (July 11). Did that immediately, by Tuesday morning (July 12) I was invited to start my 8 steps and if I remember correctly my vin was included somewhere in there so that information was available.

I was also assigned a guide on Tuesday and they called me Wednesday afternoon (July 13) to let me know that the vehicle had been built but that it was still at the plant and that it should be in Atlanta within a week or two.

I then started the process with my credit union, applying for the financing and giving them the Vin. I also called my insurance company, gave them the VIN and got everything set up but didn’t start coverage.

I received a text from the Atlanta service center letting me know that they have the vehicle on Friday (July 15) and asking if I wanted to pick it up this coming Wednesday (July 20) or have it delivered Thursday (July 21).

This morning (July 18) I called my insurance company and added the vehicle to my coverage and they sent me the binder and insurance card. I’ve read in the forum that you only have to upload the insurance card but the binder has more information so I uploaded that.

I’ve put a call into my Credit union but it’s still pre 9am so I haven’t heard back yet but I should have all that paper work uploaded by this afternoon.

I paid my down payment this morning.

My 8 steps should be complete today and my delivery will be in 2 days.

I’ll be picking it up Wednesday morning (July 20) at 9am.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

I’ll add that Rivian offered 6.25 apr for the loan but my credit union was able to offer 3.25 apr so I’m going with them. Piedmont Advantage Credit Union

8 year Nissan Leaf owner here, what’s gas?!? ; )

Happy Trails

Reactions: kdblondie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Basically the same, delivery was scheduled prior to 8 steps showing completed. once it arrived at the service center pickup 2 days later or delivery 3 days later, I opted for delivery and shortly after that it updated to the 8 steps being complete. . My VIN was assigned ~2 weeks prior to service center arrival.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@anotherloudperson sentra and leaf are fine vehicles but mild upgrade to r1t must be excited!
Understatement!! : )
I’ve really made the Leaf work overtime these last 8 years. So looking forward to regular long weekend trips again in my life.

I also have lots of little side projects, luckily the Leaf can handle a lot in its hatch….lawnmower, bikes, lumber, but I am absolutely besides myself on this next phase of my life.

Thank you

Reactions: tgo10000
1 - 20 of 41 Posts