Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been able to find an inspection station in the Berkshires that has a clue about Rivians One place does Teslas; say they need special lift pads to avoid damaging batteries. Any Mass R1T owners out there who can help?

· Registered
67 Posts
Haven't been able to find an inspection station in the Berkshires that has a clue about Rivians One place does Teslas; say they need special lift pads to avoid damaging batteries. Any Mass R1T owners out there who can help?
I’m assuming you figured this out by now, how did it go?
I’m planning to go this afternoon and remove the plates behind the front wheels where the lift points are.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
The key is to have them look under the car (if you don't have the pads) so they are in compliance. It helps to know the station doing the inspection, they will just gloss over the underside. Mine was painless. The owner was more interested in checking out the truck, and since it is new, they aren't really going to find anything anyway. The process needs to change and it just hasn't changed yet in MASS.

· Registered
67 Posts
The key is to have them look under the car (if you don't have the pads) so they are in compliance. It helps to know the station doing the inspection, they will just gloss over the underside. Mine was painless. The owner was more interested in checking out the truck, and since it is new, they aren't really going to find anything anyway. The process needs to change and it just hasn't changed yet in MASS.
The mechanic advised that he could Jack under the suspension arm so I wouldn’t have to e remove the lifting access plates behind the front wheels. He said I was his fourth Rivian which confirmed the Registry clerks comment that I was the fourth Rivian she had registered (Small island)

· Registered
6 Posts
The mechanic advised that he could Jack under the suspension arm so I wouldn’t have to e remove the lifting access plates behind the front wheels. He said I was his fourth Rivian which confirmed the Registry clerks comment that I was the fourth Rivian she had registered (Small island)
My R1T was delivered 3 weeks ago and I completely forgot about inspection. I'm in Franklin County (Greenfield). Anyone know of a competent inspection center that can perform the work without trashing my truck? My regular inspection center is in the middle of transferring ownership and won't be open until mid-November. Thanks.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My R1T was delivered 3 weeks ago and I completely forgot about inspection. I'm in Franklin County (Greenfield). Anyone know of a competent inspection center that can perform the work without trashing my truck? My regular inspection center is in the middle of transferring ownership and won't be open until mid-November. Thanks.
The initial inspection does not require jacking. Find an inspection station that does Tesla's for subsequent inspections. They will have the necessary jacking pads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts