Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can those who got an estimated timeframe for the Max Pack, share their dates?

I'm currently estimated for Q4 with my large pack and considering switching it to a max pack. I think I saw generally that it'll be in 2023 but no information on when in 2023 or if it's a cyber truck like situation.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can those who got an estimated timeframe for the Max Pack, share their dates?

I'm currently estimated for Q4 with my large pack and considering switching it to a max pack. I think I saw generally that it'll be in 2023 but no information on when in 2023 or if it's a cyber truck like situation.
I wish i would get an email from Rivian with this information instead of the fluff email I got yesterday

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My max pack res has a 2023H1 date. AFAIK, that’s the earliest window you can have for a max pack (I’m certainly not “first” but that’s the earliest window , for now.). I expect more granular estimates to come out as we get closer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have anything definitive, but I visited the Rivian Service Center in West Sacramento yesterday just to see brick and mortar proof this is all real. :)

I spoke with staff and they're of the opinion that with Rivian switching to making its own batteries it would not be for sometime before the Max Pack or Long Range battery would come online.

I don't have an estimated delivery window yet for my R1S, but my guess is sometime in Q2 2023; I was a late order. Staff told me it was very doubtful the bigger battery option would be available before I take delivery.

Sorry this isn't more precise, but I think Rivian just doesn't know yet. Anyway, for what's worth this is what I was told yesterday.

I would add, however, that staff at the Center was very friendly and welcoming, loved talking Rivian with me, and the Ops Manager, Katy actually gave me a walk through on her own R1T.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a Max configured and got this email from Rivian a while back:
"Your Adventure Package R1T Estimated Delivery window will be the First Half of 2023."
The email also stated:
" To bring added transparency and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your most current delivery timing estimate."

While it would be nice if Rivian provided more detailed information, I suspect they are reluctant to do so at a more granular level because of the high level of uncertainty within the company. Rivian has a lot of balls in the air at the moment, and no one should be surprised if both announcements and delivery dates slide to the right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My R1T Adventure Max in White estimate 1st half of 2023. I'm guessing that we will have to see some real world testing of the max pack before we can get a more accurate delivery date. I'm thinking a year from testing.

·
Registered
R1T
24 Posts
I was given 2H2023 for my Max Pack reservation, that was made in October, 2021.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here.

Your Adventure Package R1T estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.
Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and your current configuration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back on 28 December, my email from Rivian stated: Your Adventure Package R1T estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.

To me, that really means Q3 2023. Here's hoping they ramp faster. They said they produced 2,553 in the first quarter. Gotta see more to have a snowball's chance in hell for "first half of 2023."

·
Registered
349 Posts
Back on 28 December, my email from Rivian stated: Your Adventure Package R1T estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.

To me, that really means Q3 2023. Here's hoping they ramp faster. They said they produced 2,553 in the first quarter. Gotta see more to have a snowball's chance in hell for "first half of 2023."
I share your hope for Rivian to ramp up faster but they are facing some serious challenges. The company is targeting 15,000 R1 vehicles this year, and that means they need to make nearly 12,500 more over the next three quarters. That will be tough, particularly in today's manufacturing environment.

I suspect that Rivian will choose to concentrate on getting R1T production to reasonable numbers before adding the Max variant to the mix. That's going to take some time, even without supply chain problems. They have the added challenge this year of getting at least some R1S LE's out the door, and of course, they absolutely need to produce and deliver 10,000 EDV's to Amazon by December to avoid breaching their contract.

That's a tall order and no one should be surprised if R1T Max and for that matter, R1S deliveries don't begin in earnest until late 2023 or even early 2024.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was chatting with CS about something else and decided to ask about Max Pack deliveries. Eric told me they are still on track for “first Max Pack R1T deliveries to begin first half of 2023”. Take that for what it’s worth. Maybe 1 will be delivered in first half 2023, hopefully more. Have to wait and see.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Was chatting with CS about something else and decided to ask about Max Pack deliveries. Eric told me they are still on track for “first Max Pack R1T deliveries to begin first half of 2023”. Take that for what it’s worth. Maybe 1 will be delivered in first half 2023, hopefully more. Have to wait and see.
That's the response I have gotten from CS on that topic as well and I'm sure that's the only approved Rivian response at this time. I suspect that it will be technically correct, and that as I wrote above, deliveries in earnest (hundreds, not handfuls) are likely to be somewhat later.

On a related topic, an earlier email from Rivian (the one with your estimated delivery info if memory serves) indicated that there will be more detail about delivery on your accounts page. Though not unexpected, that also seems to be delayed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Max configured and got this email from Rivian a while back:
"Your Adventure Package R1T Estimated Delivery window will be the First Half of 2023."
The email also stated:
" To bring added transparency and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your most current delivery timing estimate."

While it would be nice if Rivian provided more detailed information, I suspect they are reluctant to do so at a more granular level because of the high level of uncertainty within the company. Rivian has a lot of balls in the air at the moment, and no one should be surprised if both announcements and delivery dates slide to the right.
When did you make your reservation?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts