Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I ordered my MAX Pack Adventure 4/2019.
Today I received this email:

Hi ____,​
To provide more visibility into your preorder’s status and help you better plan for delivery, we’ll be adding your delivery timing estimate to your Rivian Account in late October. We appreciate your patience while we've built out this new functionality.

Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate. Your estimate should appear in your Account at the end of the month. We will share details of how the Account updates will work moving forward when the feature launches next month.

As we continue making updates and additions to our product line, we will do our best to indicate when deliveries for new options will begin. It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate. We plan production several months out, batching groups of similarly configured vehicles to be built in succession. This approach improves predictability with our supply chain and allows us to build more vehicles. We want you to choose the Rivian vehicle that’s perfect for you, and while it’s possible your estimate could shift for other reasons, it’s important to underscore the impact changes have on your delivery timing estimate.

Many of you have requested this feature and our team is excited to deliver it. We look forward to you seeing it next month.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​

Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions, we’re here to support.

· Registered
529 Posts
I too got the emal, and hope that's the case for all reservation holders.

True, the only useful information that the email provides is notification that a previously promised and long-delayed feature, a delivery estimate, will be revealed on your Rivian account next month, but that's at least something. We've all been complaining about Rivian's lack of communication, and this is attempt to address that shortcoming, albeit a somewhat feeble one.

· Registered
2 Posts
I had my call with my guide this week. She didn't try to talk me into a large pack. She said the max pack was actually "in production" and that mid first half of 2023 is when I should expect my R1T. She also confirmed that the max pack fits in the same space as the large pack so storage isn't sacrificed.

· Registered
529 Posts
I had my call with my guide this week. She didn't try to talk me into a large pack. She said the max pack was actually "in production" and that mid first half of 2023 is when I should expect my R1T. She also confirmed that the max pack fits in the same space as the large pack so storage isn't sacrificed.
Your use of quotes around "in production" wrt the Max is appropriate.
We haven't heard anything from Rivian about the Max for a very long time; surely if it was truly in production, there would have been some public acknowledgement of that by the company. A quick check of Rivian website still shows only a company estimate of range for the Max, no EPA numbers. Rivian helpfully points out that:
"Some range and charge times are preliminary manufacturer estimates based on the EPA test cycle and are not official EPA values. All official EPA values are noted."
We don't know for sure if the Max is presently undergoing EPA certification testing, but it's clear that if it is, the testing is incomplete.

Given all of that, it surely seems that stating that the Max is currently in production is at best, hyperbole. It would thus seem that the prediction of a Max delivery in the first half of 2023 is best taken with a large grain of sodium chloride.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts