Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don’t know what to think about this Max Pack update; still trying to digest it… my first thought …”I feel we should be compensated for not getting a quad motor with the max pack as originally ordered and after waiting for so long! Feels like a slap on the face to wait for so long and still be punished with a price change (increase) and an undetermined delivery date. “when the quad motor max pack configuration becomes available.”

Attachments

· Registered
44 Posts
I really don’t know what to think about this Max Pack update; still trying to digest it… my first thought …”I feel we should be compensated for not getting a quad motor with the max pack as originally ordered and after waiting for so long! Feels like a slap on the face to wait for so long and still be punished with a price change (increase) and an undetermined delivery date. “when the quad motor max pack configuration becomes available.”
Increase? Doesn't it say that the price will decrease $4,500 for the standard dual-motor and $2,000 for the enchanced?

· Registered
89 Posts
Dumb question.
I have a Max Pack reservation (4/2019).

I got an email today saying they will be changing my reservation from a Quad Max-Pack to a Dual Max-Pack in the configurator.

If Rivian has the electric motors at all 4 wheels, how are they going to build a Dual version? Is that a whole redesign? No e-motors at the wheels anymore?

· Registered
89 Posts
Increase for the quad motor and max pack … which I originally ordered.
Rivian is offering a dual motor enhanced version for $2,000 less.
With a twist.

I placed a reservation 4/1/2019

If you placed a reservation 3/1/2019, or earlier, you get the price break. After 3/1/2019 reservation? Nope. You have to go with a higher price. Crappy move if you ask me. So if you ordered 3 1/2 years ago, too bad.

· Registered
811 Posts
So towing would have to be diminished. Pulling your 9,000lb boat up the ramp would be a lot better with a Quad R1T
I think that's an assumption. You can check out the website if you're interested in tow ratings for the Dual motor. I recall that they were planned to be the same. The towing on the quad doesn't seem to be limited by the available horsepower, but rather by the frame and/or load on the tongue.

· Registered
811 Posts
After 3/1/2019 reservation? Nope. You have to go with a higher price
Huh? Orders prior to 3/1/2022 are price protected. I don't know where this 2019 number comes from.

Are you just hearing about this for the first time? Didn't you get the emails and announcements that went out a month ago about the Quad Max being canceled? There are many threads and hundreds of posts discussing this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts