Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Serriously, the world is not yet ready for EV’s. We are headed there but not there yet.
The 2022 Ford F-150 is really a good truck.

I have a reservation for 3 EV trucks. If they ever make them, I will add to my collection.

if you were trying be funny, ok… that’s funny. If not. Well….. not appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Serriously, the world is not yet ready for EV’s. We are headed there but not there yet.
The 2022 Ford F-150 is really a good truck.

I have a reservation for 3 EV trucks. If they ever make them, I will add to my collection.

if you were trying be funny, ok… that’s funny. If not. Well….. not appreciated.
A Ford? Lol. No thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To each is own I guess. Seems like you have never had a truck. It’s ok. If you end up with a Rivian, then congrats
Lol I'm glad you're enjoying your Ford but we're all here because we want some type of EV truck

I was actually just messing with you. You didn't pickup on the irony but I quoted your exact words from my previous mention of a Jeep Gladiator 4XE being a potential option for those who might need to go plug-in for range vs full EV. We are discussing Max vs Lg pack after all.

I have no desire to trash others preferences. I've driven and owned plenty trucks, but personally prefer Mopar as they've proven more reliable in my experience not having great luck with Fords. This certainly doesn't mean everyone hasn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[QUOTE="Eticket99, post: 22238, member: 5971"
I changed the day they made the announcement email hit my inbox (12/28) and have heard nothing from them. Sent a message to CS and even though its been 6-weeks, they keep saying "soon" i'll have an update.
[/QUOT

·
Registered
456 Posts
Range is king
I can see why you would think that, given that your P100D has a battery capacity of 100kWh. By contrast, the Max pack is 180kWh. You can fully charge yours overnight at home and probably don't spend more than 45 min at a Supercharger. Roughly double those times for the Max pack.

I'm not saying that range doesn't matter ... of course it matters ... but it's not the only important parameter. And wrt Rivian, under normal use (i.e., not towing or starting to drive with an ice cold battery) the Max pack will not buy you better or faster compared to large pack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can see why you would think that, given that your P100D has a battery capacity of 100kWh. By contrast, the Max pack is 180kWh. You can fully charge yours overnight at home and probably don't spend more than 45 min at a Supercharger. Roughly double those times for the Max pack.

I'm not saying that range doesn't matter ... of course it matters ... but it's not the only important parameter. And wrt Rivian, under normal use (i.e., not towing or starting to drive with an ice cold battery) the Max pack will not buy you better or faster compared to large pack.

·
Registered
25 Posts

After 5 years of owning a Model S, I can definitively say range is KING for us. Our P85 is down to 220mi range on the dash now at 110k miles and it’s still a great car for most of our daily trips. But I have a
trip this weekend that is 185mi one way and I may choose to drive one of our ICE instead. I even have a ChaDemo adapter I’ve borrowed from a friend for extra security and I’m still uncertain whether I will drive the Tesla.

My trip north Friday will be fine because I will have a 20-30mph tailwind and there is a supercharger I can route through if needed. But for my return trip Sunday, I will have a 20-30mph headwind. That will likely require me to make two charging stops on the way back. I’m not all that excited about turning a 3hr drive into a 4.5hr drive. We make similar drives about once a month and we will drive one of our ICE 90% of the time just because we don’t want to compromise on time or anxiety. A 300mi Rivian won’t eliminate the anxiety for us but a 400mi will. That’s just what works for our own personal needs and preferences.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts