Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On news that Rivian is no longer looking to partner with Mercedes to build EV commercial vans in Europe... the stock does not like it.

Down 6% today... and it hasn't been a good few months either

Rectangle Slope Line Font Plot

· Registered
503 Posts
On news that Rivian is no longer looking to partner with Mercedes to build EV commercial vans in Europe... the stock does not like it.

Down 6% today... and it hasn't been a good few months either

View attachment 9251
Not sure there is a relation between the drop and the announcement. Rivian down 5.7%, Tesla down 6.2%, and Lucid down 4% so the the whole segment is off today.

They never actually had a deal with Mercedes, just an agreement to work on a deal. They probably could not come to terms. I view this as a positive, it should help Rivian focus more on the balls already in the air. They need to be focusing on getting the supply chains and build ramps higher to slow the cash burn rate. They also need to focus resources on the R2 plant as well, these are more critical short term items that will better position them for the future. Get through 2023 then start thinking about EU and other global regions.

· Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
24 Posts
I view this as a positive, it should help Rivian focus more on the balls already in the air. They need to be focusing on getting the supply chains and build ramps higher to slow the cash burn rate. They also need to focus resources on the R2 plant as well, these are more critical short term items that will better position them for the future. Get through 2023 then start thinking about EU and other global regions.
I also see this as a positive. As a former Sprinter owner, I'll never own another Mercedes product again. I'd also like to know if Chrysler feels they came out of their merger/partnership/whatever with Mercedes feeling like it was a good thing for them.

· Registered
2,714 Posts
The stock should go up a bit next week after being added to the Nasdaq 100

1 - 5 of 5 Posts