Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a fleeting moment in the recent Patagonia to LA to Now video where they panned across an internal speaker grill of the R1T (@ approx 4:17)

I noticed the embossed "Meridian Elevation" branding. Some quick googling leads me to believe this might be a system from Meridian Audio

I have no first hand experience with any systems from Meridian but the system they've designed for Range Rover has garnered some high praise on couple of review sites. e.g. Automobile Mag's Sonic Booms: Putting 8 of the Best Car Audio Systems to the Test where it was their hands down favorite.

I wonder if anyone has a vehicle equipped with a Meridian based system that could provide a first hand account of their experience. Just having a "marquee" audio brand behind the system is far from any kind of performance guarantee. But I am encourage to see a potential partnership with a higher end audio OEM.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
145 Posts
My wife’s Range Rover had a Meridian system. They make great stuff!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Anyone here have experience with other high end automotive audio systems?
Burmester? Harmon/Kardon? Bose? Bang Olufsen?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
145 Posts
Anyone here have experience with other high end automotive audio systems?
Burmester? Harmon/Kardon? Bose? Bang Olufsen?
I had a Bang and Olufsen in my Audi Q7. It was a nice system, and the “premium audio” in my 2015 Tesla Model S was a noticeable downgrade from that IMO. My wife had Meridian in her Range Rover, and I’d rate that ahead of the B&O system in the Audi. Just had a richer and more robust sound across the entire spectrum. I’m by no means an audiophile, so take my opinion for what it’s worth...

·
Registered
917 Posts
I had a Bang and Olufsen in my Audi Q7. It was a nice system, and the “premium audio” in my 2015 Tesla Model S was a noticeable downgrade from that IMO. My wife had Meridian in her Range Rover, and I’d rate that ahead of the B&O system in the Audi. Just had a richer and more robust sound across the entire spectrum. I’m by no means an audiophile, so take my opinion for what it’s worth...
Wow, now I'm looking forward to what the Meridian setup is like in our Rivians even more now. Thanks for sharing that feedback. What kind of music did you play it on? If you listened to podcasts/talk radio/etc. how did that sound?

My wife had a Mini that had the Harmon/Kardon system. It's a great setup for such a small car.
I can attest. Had a HK setup in a used 7-Series and absolutely loved it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts