·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
36 Posts
If you haven't watched The Big Short... watch it.

Michael Burry saw the Housing Crisis before it hit. Does anyone think he's right again?

that link is blocked by a paywall
in short, Scion sold their US holdings except a short position in AAPL and bought some GEO (for-profit prison scumbags)
nothing to do with $RIVN and no way of interpreting how a one-hit-wonder money manager is really trading (other than a huge failure in shorting $TSLA)
here's one link to read about Michael Burry's Scion trading

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, the media likes to make Michael Burry into some kind of guru because of his correct call on the mortgage fiasco. What they don’t push, because it doesn’t gather enough clicks, is that he was spectacularly wrong when he shorted Tesla. Folks need to look at his, and any money manager’s, track record before they pass judgement. His track record is not particularly great. He’s no Peter Lynch.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
278 Posts
He is an interesting person that is true but after the housing crisis he was heavily invested in water, which didn't work out like he thought and a few others I am sure. Now this. Who know he could be right he could be wrong, I could suddenly start dating Emily Ratajkowski. Only 1 of those has zero chance of happening but we don't really know which one do we.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you haven't watched The Big Short... watch it.

Michael Burry saw the Housing Crisis before it hit. Does anyone think he's right again?

Nope. Makes more room for me to buy more stock at a lower price. When supply of difficult to get wiring harnesses and chips get ironed out, I think the price will go back up. Thanks R.J. for making stock available to pre-order holders in the IPO!

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
76 Posts
Nope. He's wrong a lot more than he's right.
Years ago a friend of mine got real excited to tell me he'd made $800 in the stock market that day and wanted to know if I wanted him to handle my investments. I was pretty impressed too! So I asked how he was doing overall.

Down. Several thousand.

In a month.

I invited him to continue playing video games with us and stop talking about money.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They doubted him when he did the mortgage thing too. And look how that turned out! If this works, there’s going to be a 2nd movie!

If it doesn’t…well there probably won’t be any news like many of his other busts.

In any case, this means nothing for the avg person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts