Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many people out there have NOT had a delivery scheduled that were supposed to have received it by now? We're starting to see posts for people who have had delivery, but not sure how that compares to the number of people who were expecting delivery over the last couple of months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am curious as well. My delivery window is "March / April". From reading the Forum, it appears that, at some point, you receive a call from your Guide that results in actual delivery of the truck several weeks (3 - 6) later. I have also noted that some preorder customers with '20 order dates are receiving their vehicles now. My order date is Feb 2019; I am in Central Texas. I have ordered a LE R1T, Large Pack, 21" wheels, etc. However, i have not been contacted by anyone with Rivian as of yet. There are now just under 6 weeks until my March / April window elapses. I also want to get my home charging unit installed before taking delivery. At this point I am not confident... Rivian, please prove me wrong.

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
35 Posts
You can't step in the same river twice or experience the same Rivian order process twice.
The few other people I know in the process all had different experiences.
As of last week, I've paid for an R1T LE (white/black, 20s, spare, racks) and it's due this week, but I don't have a date.
I imagine March will be a busy time for Rivian to deliver a lot of Q1 production.
With two weeks remaining in Q1, if you're not in dialog with a Rivian Guide, you're not in Q1. I think the March madness pricing debacle distracted people for two or three days, but didn't change the production schedule.

long story:
I ordered "day one" of the launch in Nov '18. Long story short, we all received much the same expectations of a 2020 then '21 then Fall '21 and so on. My first delivery window was Sep '21, I think that was set right after the configurator opened (was that Jan 2020?) then a few months and emails passed by and the ETA became "late '21" then a friend was given "December" and I received no update till I was told March, then the generic email arrived say Jan-Feb was described as "late Feb" which became March-April (ouch) in a conversation with the guide, but I received no email update then March became the target. About four weeks ago, the expectation was "3 to 4 weeks" and about 2 weeks ago, the online "8 step" process started. About a week ago I got the VIN and a few days ago I got the "purchase summary."

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Tahoe
5 Posts
Hey gang, just joined this forum and can comment on my buying experience so far. I live in Scottsdale, AZ and placed my deposit in late 2019, and was notified last fall of April/May projected delivery of my R1T LE (Blue/Black/22"s/spare/racks/without reinforced underbody/et al.). Resisted urge to cancel after 3/1 price hike notification and was unexpectedly contacted by my Guide last Monday (3/14). After confirming my option choices, she said to expect email to start the buying process in a few weeks to a month. But, shockingly, I received that email the NEXT day (3/15), and after completing all paperwork, including trade-in of my 2010 Tahoe by Wed (3/16), I was able to schedule delivery on Friday (3/18), which disappointingly got pushed to tomorrow (3/22).

Assuming guided tour delivery doesn't get pushed again, I should be able to share pics soon. I think I recall my Guide indicating that some racks/accessories may be delivered later- I'll know by tomorrow. It does seem that geography and/or options may have an impact on delivery timing as I know there are other folks who placed deposits before me who are still waiting, like Wimberley51 here. Anyway, hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
35 Posts
Adam R1T LE ... just out of curiosity, where are you geographically?
Minnesota. I'm told my location made delivery "6-8 weeks" sooner than California.
I asked to pick up at the factory in Normal, but was told it wasn't possible (though others say they're taking delivery at the factory this week.) Communication has been … patchy. : )

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss (FS), 2021 Mustang Mach E GT (Wife's), 2019 Bolt EV, CC Marine 26
12 Posts
After some delays and cancellations, my R1T is confirmed (I hope) for delivery tomorrow 3/22. I am in HB, CA.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Tahoe
5 Posts
Hey gang, just joined this forum and can comment on my buying experience so far. I live in Scottsdale, AZ and placed my deposit in late 2019, and was notified last fall of April/May projected delivery of my R1T LE (Blue/Black/22"s/spare/racks/without reinforced underbody/et al.). Resisted urge to cancel after 3/1 price hike notification and was unexpectedly contacted by my Guide last Monday (3/14). After confirming my option choices, she said to expect email to start the buying process in a few weeks to a month. But, shockingly, I received that email the NEXT day (3/15), and after completing all paperwork, including trade-in of my 2010 Tahoe by Wed (3/16), I was able to schedule delivery on Friday (3/18), which disappointingly got pushed to tomorrow (3/22).

Assuming guided tour delivery doesn't get pushed again, I should be able to share pics soon. I think I recall my Guide indicating that some racks/accessories may be delivered later- I'll know by tomorrow. It does seem that geography and/or options may have an impact on delivery timing as I know there are other folks who placed deposits before me who are still waiting, like Wimberley51 here. Anyway, hope this is helpful.
So, I had to go and jinx myself- delivery is now pushed for the second time to this Friday (3/25). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss (FS), 2021 Mustang Mach E GT (Wife's), 2019 Bolt EV, CC Marine 26
12 Posts
Congratulations on your new R1T @raschnei! What do you think of the truck so far? Any initial thoughts?
Badass! And close enough to perfect for me.
A couple of things I noticed:
1. The wireless charger won’t charge my iPhone with the case on.
2. I installed the over the air update, and I lost audio through my phone’s Bluetooth. However, a quick call to Rivian service and they showed me how to do a reboot. It is working fine now.
3. It is a 6k # rocket!
I took my brother (he has an early reservation on a R1S) and his wife for a ride. My brother asked me to punch it, and his wife started screaming.
So far, I love it more than my wife 😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.