Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
R1T LE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first time I loaded up my sportbike in the bed of my truck. I was worried about the tonneau cover and if the metal was strong enough for my front tire to be against it. Well, it was. It didn't flex or bend at all. The truck actually rode much better / smoother with a 400 lb like in the back. Less creaks / squeaks and rattles too. Much quieter, it was weird. I could barely feel the weight of the bike in the back for a 40 mile drive. With the lowest suspension setting, it was a breeze getting the bike in and out of the bed by myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
R1T LE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well now I have a reason to buy another bike. My Harley is far too heavy to get up in the bed.
You know, if you have good angled/slanted street / curb, put the truck in sport mode, lowest suspension setting, back up to the curb till the tires hit, and you'll be surprised on how low / level the ramp is. Going off of memory, you can put 1000# of payload in the bed. 400# wasn't even noticeable, it was weird in a good way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You know, if you have good angled/slanted street / curb, put the truck in sport mode, lowest suspension setting, back up to the curb till the tires hit, and you'll be surprised on how low / level the ramp is. Going off of memory, you can put 1000# of payload in the bed. 400# wasn't even noticeable, it was weird in a good way.
That's a good point. I think you can put 1700# in the bed from what I remember but Yeah I have a hill I could use to load my bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, first time I loaded up my sportbike in the bed of my truck. I was worried about the tonneau cover and if the metal was strong enough for my front tire to be against it. Well, it was. It didn't flex or bend at all. The truck actually rode much better / smoother with a 400 lb like in the back. Less creaks / squeaks and rattles too. Much quieter, it was weird. I could barely feel the weight of the bike in the back for a 40 mile drive. With the lowest suspension setting, it was a breeze getting the bike in and out of the bed by myself.
That's Great! I have a Tiger 900 and been wondering if I will be able to do the same. Cannot wait to try it

·
Registered
R1T LE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably because the back tire is holding down that floppy tailgate bridge thing. Mine makes a ton of noise.
Yes, the tire is directly on the floppy bridge thing, keeping it quiet. First time with the tailgate down when driving. I sure wish the camera by the third brake lights would engage when the tailgate is down so we can still see behind us, that'd be a sweet update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sure wish the camera by the third brake lights would engage when the tailgate is down so we can still see behind us, that'd be a sweet update.
That would be fantastic. It would also be nice to be able to use that camera as a rear-view mirror mode (maybe as a pop-up at the top of the main screen) when you have something blocking the rear window, such as an RTT or other large cargo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts