Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke with CS regarding the ability to purchase a second set of crossbars. I've configured mine with the Yakima tent which includes a set of crossbars, but ideally I'd have a second set so I could run a roof rack as well, but that doesn't appear to be something you can do in the configurator.

Here's their response:

Thanks so much for your patience! At the moment, only one set is available to be added through the configurator. However you will have the option to add additional accessories through your account, which is how you would get that additional set of crossbars. We'll share more details on that process soon!
Sounds like there will be more changes to the way the configurator and 'account' works. I wasn't able to get any clarity as to whether the reference to 'account' means after purchase or before. I did tell them that their definition of 'soon' doesn't exactly comport with mine, but alas.

Hope this info helps anyone else that'd like 2 sets of crossbars like me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Additionally I spoke to customer service and they were able to confirm that the bars for the R1T roof are fully interchangeable with those positions on the bed. Glad to hear the bars that come with my tent will be able to be used on roof if ever needed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you for checking on this. I was thinking the same thing in that I wanted the tent, plus another set for the roof. I figured we could purchase another set at some point, but good to hear it ”might” be possible through our account.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.