Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok friends.

like many of you I have been suffering through this time period when we want an electric truck but the manufacturers just haven’t gotten there yet. I have been a truck owner for over 40 years. Mostly big Fords for business. For the last four years I have been without a truck and although I love my Tesla Model S P100D because I love fast cars, and I mean really fast cars, it’s been weird to be without a truck. I hate going to the Home Depot in the Tesla too.

some people need a truck and some people want a truck. I’m both I guess. Nowadays with the Covid Effect, there are no trucks available and if you do find one, the Stealerships have the nerve to ask over MSRP. I have purchased so many trucks through the commercial side at 15-20% below MSRP that it’s hard to understand what the hell is happening right now. it sucks.

so I really want an electric truck and and I have all the deposits you all do too. Rivian, Tesla and Ford for sure. I just can’t stand the wait any longer and I’m not getting any younger. last July I decided to order the new 2022 Ford Raptor R, which I was told would be available to order In November 21, with deliveries beginning Feb/March 2022. Of course that’s not happening and Ford has zero idea when they will produce them if ever. And now their shutting down factories. Frustration building again, Rivian Max Pack no where in sight, and Tesla…. Geez. The Cybertruck situation is a complete mess. As for the Ford lightning it’s a long ways off for what want.

so now add in that I’m Moving to Arizona from California next week, and realizing that the Tesla is not a interstate car with its limited and degreasing battery range, I threw in the towel.

I just bought a 2022 Ford F150.

I just want point out that it’s an amazing vehicle and the fit and finish is really good. I haven’t seen a Rivian in person and I hope the finish is as good, but this Ford is way way better than a Tesla for fit and finish. The Truck has all the stuff you would want and this CarPlay addition is great too.

I still want a Rivian and hopefully some day I will get a max pack, if they ever make it, but for now…. My frustration and anxiety is gone.

I really enjoy all your stores and comments and I will continue to observe and wait…..

peace.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok friends.

like many of you I have been suffering through this time period when we want an electric truck but the manufacturers just haven’t gotten there yet. I have been a truck owner for over 40 years. Mostly big Fords for business. For the last four years I have been without a truck and although I love my Tesla Model S P100D because I love fast cars, and I mean really fast cars, it’s been weird to be without a truck. I hate going to the Home Depot in the Tesla too.

some people need a truck and some people want a truck. I’m both I guess. Nowadays with the Covid Effect, there are no trucks available and if you do find one, the Stealerships have the nerve to ask over MSRP. I have purchased so many trucks through the commercial side at 15-20% below MSRP that it’s hard to understand what the hell is happening right now. it sucks.

so I really want an electric truck and and I have all the deposits you all do too. Rivian, Tesla and Ford for sure. I just can’t stand the wait any longer and I’m not getting any younger. last July I decided to order the new 2022 Ford Raptor R, which I was told would be available to order In November 21, with deliveries beginning Feb/March 2022. Of course that’s not happening and Ford has zero idea when they will produce them if ever. And now their shutting down factories. Frustration building again, Rivian Max Pack no where in sight, and Tesla…. Geez. The Cybertruck situation is a complete mess. As for the Ford lightning it’s a long ways off for what want.

so now add in that I’m Moving to Arizona from California next week, and realizing that the Tesla is not a interstate car with its limited and degreasing battery range, I threw in the towel.

I just bought a 2022 Ford F150.

I just want point out that it’s an amazing vehicle and the fit and finish is really good. I haven’t seen a Rivian in person and I hope the finish is as good, but this Ford is way way better than a Tesla for fit and finish. The Truck has all the stuff you would want and this CarPlay addition is great too.

I still want a Rivian and hopefully some day I will get a max pack, if they ever make it, but for now…. My frustration and anxiety is gone.

I really enjoy all your stores and comments and I will continue to observe and wait…..

peace.
I had a Bronco Badlands on order since last year and just got a build date for March. Now I think I'll have some fun customizing that and sell my 4 year old Model 3 which is holding an incredible resale value. Assuming my R1T (12-4-18 order) comes sometime next year (I'm adding 6 months minimum to current 'windows')...I'll decide what to do then. Maybe keep the Bronco as a 3rd car and make the R1T my everyday (wife has Model X). I don't know yet, point being I'm done caring about Rivian and their continued failures.

Reactions: TessP100D
1 - 8 of 8 Posts