Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I just pre-ordered a Rivian R1T! I've been excited about it ever since it was announced. They really marketed it to me perfectly, haha.

My last two purchased cars are a Chevy Volt (which I have off-roaded on dirt roads more times than I would have liked) and a Subaru Forester - so a Rivian makes sense for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi there,
I just pre-ordered a Rivian R1T! I've been excited about it ever since it was announced. They really marketed it to me perfectly, haha.

My last two purchased cars are a Chevy Volt (which I have off-roaded on dirt roads more times than I would have liked) and a Subaru Forester - so a Rivian makes sense for me.
Same here, but I'm waiting for the R1S [ 2 large dogs] and I dont need the bed. Plus, the shorter wheel base and aerodynamics appeal to me a bit more. I'll prob trade in my Forester for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I may end up changing my mind and be getting the R1S instead, because it would fit in my garage a little easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Yes, I'm going to go with the 180 pack to get the most range possible. If I go with the R1S, I'm okay to lose the 3rd row seats as I believe the max for people in a car on a road trip should be 4 persons and all their gear.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks! Yes, I'm going to go with the 180 pack to get the most range possible. If I go with the R1S, I'm okay to lose the 3rd row seats as I believe the max for people in a car on a road trip should be 4 persons and all their gear.
@gt2001 Good call. The 3rd row looks small and uncomfortable for the average adult anyways. A growing family that absolutely needs it, is probably one of the main target audiences from what I can tell. At least folded down you still have reasonable cargo space.
rivian-r1s-third-row-seats.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts