Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 things hope Rivian will add with one of their software updates

Please please please add video recording while driving. Its one of the most important updates still missing. Being able to show video when involved in an accident or any other issues that come along while driving are sooo important nowadays. Please Rivian add this soon.

2nd I wish the Rivian had softer suspension setting than what currently is offered. On large bumps its fine but the smaller potholes etc is where I feel the difference between my previous Range Rover and the Rivian. Not sure if this can be fixed but I do hope so.

· Registered
43 Posts
I would like to see an assortment of engine/exhaust audio effects available via the entertainment system. Ferrari v8, Dodge Ram turbo diesel, etc. This would make me happy.

Your idea of video recording while driving is also a good one.

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
Here's something to hold you over: in Spotify find a channel with calming music; search for jet noise or starship noise. Its meant to be calming, like a low background rumble. The other day I had it on in my office; when I got in the car the app switched over to the car. I inadvertently turned it up I thought a damn rocket was flying overhead. Freaked me out.

Anyway, you can always roll your window down and drive around like that I suppose.

· Registered
50 Posts

Please please please add video recording while driving. Its one of the most important updates still missing. Being able to show video when involved in an accident or any other issues that come along while driving are sooo important nowadays. Please Rivian add this soon.

2nd I wish the Rivian had softer suspension setting than what currently is offered. On large bumps its fine but the smaller potholes etc is where I feel the difference between my previous Range Rover and the Rivian. Not sure if this can be fixed but I do hope so.
Some people like that floating feeling, I wish the suspension would be more stiff than the stiff setting. I can’t stand bouncing over and over after a minor bump.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
Some people like that floating feeling, I wish the suspension would be more stiff than the stiff setting. I can’t stand bouncing over and over after a minor bump.
More stiff would be much more harsh... What you are looking for is less rebound after an initial hit, giving the suspension a more dampened feel. Closest current setting to achieve this is in a normal ride height setting, in all-purpose mode right now.

· Registered
17 Posts

Would love an option for standard cruise control when the ACC won't work (e.g. front camera is obscured).

Also, an integrated step for getting into the truck bed.

· Registered
401 Posts
A way better way to close the tailgate... a handle, a spoiler, auto close... just something besides, just be careful so you don't scratch or dent the thin metal.
I put a clear layer of paint protection film on the top of the rear tailgate for just this reason. Imagined how bad the scratches would be after a year of palming your hand on the dirty paint and pushing up.

I don't notice the clear film being there and now don't cringe when I close the tail gate. Rivian did this for the gear tunnel doors. The tailgate was supposed to be auto down and up, but they abandoned it. Probably was too late to redesign to include a handle. They should at least put protection film on there for now.

· Vendor
7 Posts
I put a clear layer of paint protection film on the top of the rear tailgate for just this reason. Imagined how bad the scratches would be after a year of palming your hand on the dirty paint and pushing up.

I don't notice the clear film being there and now don't cringe when I close the tail gate. Rivian did this for the gear tunnel doors. The tailgate was supposed to be auto down and up, but they abandoned it. Probably was too late to redesign to include a handle. They should at least put protection film on there for now.
Curious what paint protection film you used and how far down you took the film

· Registered
401 Posts
Curious what paint protection film you used and how far down you took the film
I just ordered some off of Amazon (link below). I got extra as I also did the front fascia area on my own, as well as the hood and mirrors. (mirrors didn't come out so great as I suck at doing curves!). But, the rest looks pretty good.

As far as the tailgate, just did the top painted portion of the tailgate above the light bar, where you put your hands to lift it up. One strip across the rear from side to side. Started squeege-ing from the center out to each side. Fortunately just one crease in the tailgate, so was fairly easy to do on my own. As noted, I suck at curves, but am able to handle single creases like on the hood and tailgate. Skill level required for those areas is far less that for curved areas like the mirrors.

The place Rivian recommended wanted to add $1,500 to add the tailgate to the front paint protection. I understand the skill it takes to put this stuff on. it's not easy, when dealing with curves. But has never been worth thousands of dollars to me to have someone do it. Yes, it requires skill and knowledge of how to do it and that's certainly worth something, just not worth $4,000+ to me. For the areas I wanted covered (the front fascia, front facing part of the hood, mirrors and the tailgate, they wanted $4,500 total. I did those areas for a $96 roll of clear protection film. The right side mirror came out "OK". The left side mirror I royally screwed up on. Haven't had time to redo it yet, but will do so eventually.

Twraps also sells precut pieces for each area of the truck if you'd prefer that. But, even those start to get pricey if you choose a few of them. Other than the mirrors, the areas I did are invisible, so I'm happy with the results of doing it on my own for $96. If I want the mirrors perfect, will certainly have to pay someone as I just don't have the skill to wrap around those multiple curves. Mirror caps can be easily replaced, so my biggest concerns were the frontal areas and the tailgate. I'll either pay someone to do the mirrors or just leave them exposed. My biggest issue is the time involvement in getting the truck to them, leaving it, then going back to get it. I wish there were places that offered mobile service like my window tint guys do. Unfortunately, they don't do wraps.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MEEJLBB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is for a 15 foot roll of it. The same listing has a selection box where you can choose much smaller lengths at lower costs if you're just doing the tailgate.

I also bought this one for $17, which would be enough for just the tail gate. I don't remember which one I actually used for the tail gate. This one, or cut down the larger one. For $17, a pretty cheap DIY option. I ordered two of them at that price just to have a backup incase I screwed up the first time.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9D77XG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Window

· Registered
52 Posts
I'd like: R1S & R1T
3 more Regen setting lower than the 2 they have. adjustable while driving, either by paddles or buttons.
Better sound dampening- (Loud fan noises, Louder than normal engine whine, Road noise)
a way to block sunlight /heat coming off the glass roof - (New Chinese ev has button that makes the glass go dark)
Cruise control that can work independent from Driver plus system.
To go back to the original pricing. I noticed only EV's like Tesla, Rivian etc have increased their pricing. Gas powered vehicles did not have price increases, Yes dealerships are trying to price gouge! but that's not the manufacturing. That's why Manufactures are having issues with their dealers. Maybe the EV price increase is just the battery? cause other companies don't have the issue. Hopefully 2023 bring normalcy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts