Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 months of ownership, I've realized my R1T trim is really Explore -Plus. I opted for Adventure wanting the automatic tonneau cover, gear guard, upgraded seats, and sound system. Although my truck "passed" all pre-delivery inspections it was delivered with a disabled tonneau cover with no clear resolution or timeline. I have also learned that Gear Guard is pretty much useless. I came back to my truck and found two good size dings in the rear door on the driver side. No recorded videos or alarms to show me what happened. The videos that do record never seem to show anything important, as the cameras seem to start recording too late. I venting a bit, but generally these expensive options seem to be a waste from a user standpoint.

· Registered
284 Posts
We just finished borrowing a friend's Model 3 for a week and I was detailing it before returning it. I found a deep 1/4" long scrape on the rear driver door, close to the front door. I checked all the sentry footage and nothing was caught. Talk about feeling crappy about borrowing someone's car. These systems aren't perfect but it's better than not having it.

On another occasion, back when I had my Model 3, I got in my car after picking up a few things at a grocery store and saw the footage where someone's door swung hard into the rear passenger door. Amazingly, the person was still there in her car, looking at me all guilty. This WAS caught on sentry cam and she was very willing to have her insurance pay for the damage.

Hopefully over time, these systems get better...

· Registered
163 Posts
That's sad mate. I have front and back cameras on all my cars. Given what you lot are saying I'll transfer one to the R1S once I get it. Perhaps there's enough battery power to just leave it on all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts