Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that some are navigating to a fast charger in order to "pre-condition". When I'm on a road trip, and the nav suggests a charge stop, will it not pre-condition? Also, unlike the Tesla, if I press the charging location on the screen nothing happens. Tesla pops up information and whether I would like to go there.
So is it safe to assume that we have to type in the charger into nav?
thanks in advance

· Registered
796 Posts
The navigation system currently lacks the ability to add waypoints to an existing route. So if you're routing somewhere then you can't currently press on a charger (or any other feature) to get information or to route to that charger.

But if you're not currently routing, then you can select a charger and route to it. If your vehicle is preconditioning the battery, an alert will tell you this - look for the alert notice, which is a little yellow dot on the bell icon at the top left of the screen. I haven't noticed if the preconditioning starts immediately when you start routing to a fast charger or whether is starts some set distance/time before you reach the fast charger. That would be interesting to know.

· Registered
37 Posts
The navigation system currently lacks the ability to add waypoints to an existing route. So if you're routing somewhere then you can't currently press on a charger (or any other feature) to get information or to route to that charger.

But if you're not currently routing, then you can select a charger and route to it. If your vehicle is preconditioning the battery, an alert will tell you this - look for the alert notice, which is a little yellow dot on the bell icon at the top left of the screen. I haven't noticed if the preconditioning starts immediately when you start routing to a fast charger or whether is starts some set distance/time before you reach the fast charger. That would be interesting to know.
This is a very needed software update - I realized this on my first road trip that while you can overlay charging locations on your route, you cannot actually add one to the route. Really feel like I’m using Google Maps on a Blackberry back in 2004.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts