Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new R1T last Wednesday……
13 month wait..loaded except for max pack…was pleasantly surprised how “quickly” I got the truck…
Everything was as expected except:
-no audio coming from Nav system….should be an OTA update to fix this.
-my tonneau cover jammed on FIRST use….I was kinda expecting this at some point based on other posts Ive read.

The delivery process and customer support has been fantastic….and the truck itself is by far,the best vehicle I’ve ever driven…

· Super Moderator
572 Posts
Congrats on the new truck - and in having to wait only 13 months. The issue with the tonneau cover is regrettable, but not unexpected. We can only hope that Rivian makes progress on the gen 2 cover and provides a robust retrofit sooner rather than later.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI O,

I don't use or have an Alexa account. I see you can log on or try Alexa....nothing about enabling...?? Will try the chime as well set to loud..Please advise and thanks very much for your input.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the Alexa App and I can't even get into it...I'm in PARK but the Alexa choices can not be clicked on...I spoke with the Rivian tech and they're looking into this...Hopefully an answer soon!
Thanks

· Registered
796 Posts
I looked at the Alexa App and I can't even get into it...I'm in PARK but the Alexa choices can not be clicked on...I spoke with the Rivian tech and they're looking into this...Hopefully an answer soon!
Thanks
I had the exact same problem when I got my R1T. It tells you "Park to set up Alexa" even though you're already in park, and both of the buttons are greyed out and can't be pressed.

It is a bug, and I I know of at least 10 people who have experienced this bug going back to early summer - you're not the only one.

You will need to make a service appointment to fix this. Mobile service can do it - it only took them a few minutes after they got here to identify the problem and fix it for me. The technician told me this is not something they can fix remotely - he had to hook up his laptop to my truck to download some new "files".

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the exact same problem when I got my R1T. It tells you "Park to set up Alexa" even though you're already in park, and both of the buttons are greyed out and can't be pressed.

It is a bug, and I I know of at least 10 people who have experienced this bug going back to early summer - you're not the only one.

You will need to make a service appointment to fix this. Mobile service can do it - it only took them a few minutes after they got here to identify the problem and fix it for me. The technician told me this is not something they can fix remotely - he had to hook up his laptop to my truck to download some new "files".
O....you're right on the $$$..Got a call from RIVN tech today..sending mobile tech out to my house next Monday...Their service is very responsive but definitely still getting the kinks out of their process. Thanks for your excellent advice....wish you could
fix my auto tonneau as well!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts