Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
North/Central VT here—11/19/19 reservation, Launch Edition, Rivian Blue, Black Mountain, 20” wheels, cross bars, kept the off-road upgrade. I addd the Camp Kitchen for now, because I think I want the gear shuttle, and wanted to keep the option to get the Snow Peak set included— Rivian said that would be for a limited time only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
North Shore, Boston. I can’t wait, but willing to, for the extended battery and possibly the removable roof. I keep flip/flop on the roof. Currently red is my jam, but originally I was all about the silver. I need to see these things in person, just like I know all the rest of you do.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Connecticut here!
I am completely new to the EV world. My Toyota is 14 years old. I wish I have a delivery date, so that i could count down the days of using a gas station!

If you own an EV, who do you have for car insurance? Any problems with insurance for EV?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Northbridge, MA. This will be my first EV. I have had a few hybrids Prius, Civic hybrid, Lexus RX400h. I've pre-ordered the R1S: Forest Green with Black Mountain interior. Given the capabilities of this vehicle I would love to find some off road tracks or trails to put it through its paces when I get it. Does anyone know of any good places to go off road in NewEngland?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Northbridge, MA. This will be my first EV. I have had a few hybrids Prius, Civic hybrid, Lexus RX400h. I've pre-ordered the R1S: Forest Green with Black Mountain interior. Given the capabilities of this vehicle I would love to find some off road tracks or trails to put it through its paces when I get it. Does anyone know of any good places to go off road in NewEngland?
I love the forest green! One of my cousins is always going up to New Hampshire with his Jeep. Jericho Mountain?? Maybe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love the forest green! One of my cousins is always going up to New Hampshire with his Jeep. Jericho Mountain?? Maybe?
Yes, Jerico Mountain State Park has ATV, along with Jeep and Truck off road trails. If you are new to off-roading, and live near NH, I recommend checking out Exploring NH website and forum. They hold group events where you can go as a novice, get instruction on using your winch, practice your off road driving skills, even go on guided events. They have a great forum too, where you can learn lots of good things online.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I’m definitely a novice and would want to start slow. NH is familiar to me but mostly in the White mountains. I’ve never been to Jericho Mountain. Sounds like I need to do some research.
I’m just watching the Rivian test drive videos and I so want to try all those things!!!! I guess I’m a sucker for their marketing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Once we start receiving our trucks I'm sure we could set up a group off-road ride somewhere fun. I've never done any real off-roading but would absolutely love to. NH mountains seem like as good a spot as any.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Southern Maine, in for a Launch edition R1T in launch green, black mountain interior. 20” wheels. Really want the camp kitchen but debating cost vs value and how much use it’ll actually get. Hoping to get more info on a bed cap in the future. No contact from Rivian at this point but didn’t expect to given I’m in Maine.
I wonder when we will hear from them...looking forward to it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tri-State roll call is empty, but CNY fan here! Just put in my preorder after drooling for way too long. Not a lot of charging stations around yet, but a wall charger at home and a 12MW substation at work should keep me topped off just fine!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rye, NH here - just over the bridge to So. Maine

R1S Adventure Package, Glacier White, 21" Road Wheels, Interior: Black Mountain; Res: 4/2021 - est. sometime 2023
Hi there! How did you find out 2023? I placed my order in July and I don’t see 2023. I’m worried that my car won’t survive that long of a wait time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there! How did you find out 2023? I placed my order in July and I don’t see 2023. I’m worried that my car won’t survive that long of a wait time.
I read this on another post regarding delivery timeline: I was just told by a Rivian rep that non LE R1s’ shouldn’t expect to take delivery until “late 2022 or later” whatever that’s worth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read this on another post regarding delivery timeline: I was just told by a Rivian rep that non LE R1s’ shouldn’t expect to take delivery until “late 2022 or later” whatever that’s worth.
Bummer. Thank you though. At least I now have a realistic idea of when to expect delivery. Hopefully sooner than later 🤞🏽

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thx for updating us. I believe that's also when the 180kWh battery pack is supposed to be available.
Unless that has been yet delayed again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think that is actually a bit optimistic for a lot of us. Late 22' would be great, but I'm not expecting to get my hands on a new vehicle until 23'. Either way, there is a silver lining. By 23' a lot of the manufacturing inconsistencies that will undoubtedly happen to the earliest versions of the vehicles will be spotted, and corrected as part of the process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think that is actually a bit optimistic for a lot of us. Late 22' would be great, but I'm not expecting to get my hands on a new vehicle until 23'. Either way, there is a silver lining. By 23' a lot of the manufacturing inconsistencies that will undoubtedly happen to the earliest versions of the vehicles will be spotted, and corrected as part of the process.
I think your observations are spot on, for both the timeline, and the quality. They may ramp to a faster delivery, but if you set your sights on '23, you might be pleasantly surprised... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings from Cape Cod, @Brandanop - formerly from Natick
R1T reservation holder for a month or so, holding out for the big battery.
Having been an early adopter with Tesla, decided NOT to be in the first round.

1998 - Plymouth minivan
2005 - Chrysler minivan
2013 - Tesla Model S
2018 - Tesla Model 3

I will probably change my configuration a dozen times but I'm not expecting to off road or camp.
But I need to haul stuff. Looking forward to 400+ miles of range, but I'll surely miss the Tesla
Supercharger network...

/Ed

21 - 40 of 55 Posts