Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Launch Edition R1T, Off-road Upgrade, 20" Wheels, Canyon Red, Black Mountain Interior. Am I the first from NH? Just found this forum and I am psyched to find people asking the same questions as me. Happy to have found you all! :)
Hi All!
New Hampshire Seacoast here.
I pre ordered on 12/23/18 and haven’t heard a peep from anyone! I guess NH is not a priority. I have a LE edition in launch green and forest green interior ordered. Still haven’t heard from my guide despite being in the first 4500 preorders. I’ve not been sent any emails about 1 st mile events or anything that Rivian is doing. I’m very frustrated. Am I alone here or is this the norm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not been able to do a first drive event. There was one in New York two years ago but I wasn't able to go. I just got my email my truck is supposed to be delivered between May and June of 2022.
NH Seacoast here,
I preordered 12/23/18 and was sent an email today stating my delivery window is April-May 2022 based on my current configuration, delivery location and preorder date. It’s the first communication I have received from Rivian regarding a rough delivery window. I still am wondering if I will meet my Rivian guide by the end of this month as promised but now I’m doubtful. FYI we attended the event in April 2019 prior the the NY auto show and it was not a first drive event, only an early prototype of a R1T and R1S on display with barriers around them so you could not touch, only look( the R1T in Silver and the R1S in forest green)

·
Registered
3 Posts
NH Seacoast here,
I preordered 12/23/18 and was sent an email today stating my delivery window is April-May 2022 based on my current configuration, delivery location and preorder date. It’s the first communication I have received from Rivian regarding a rough delivery window. I still am wondering if I will meet my Rivian guide by the end of this month as promised but now I’m doubtful. FYI we attended the event in April 2019 prior the the NY auto show and it was not a first drive event, only an early prototype of a R1T and R1S on display with barriers around them so you could not touch, only look( the R1T in Silver and the R1S in forest green)
Doesn't sound like I missed too much then. That makes me feel better. It is strange how we are all about to spend over 70k for something we haven't even test driven. Lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Westborough, MA late to the party, but have quickly become obsessed with Rivian. Pre-ordered R1S, Adventure, Forest Green in October 2021. Hopeful for 2023. Waffling between 21 or 22 wheels (currently 21) but figure I have some time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey @Rhesusraider! Welcome! What sold you on ordering the R1S? Were you looking at any other EVs?
I’ve been thinking about an EV for awhile after driving a relative’s Tesla, but a Tesla never seemed to really fit our lifestyle. We can barely fit our family of 3 into a Highlander for a camping trip with our bikes on the back and a roof box, and downsizing to a Tesla didn’t seem too practical. I wanted something that could be great around town, but also capable of road trips, skiing vacations, camping trips, and have room to pick up things from Home Depot. None of the other EVs on the market appealed to me.
I was talking to a friend who mentioned I should lookup the Rivian RS1. When I researched it, it checked all the boxes for me; good range, storage, seating, capability to navigate snowy roads and NH back roads. The styling appeals to me and it just seems to have a lot of well thought out features. Also, really like what I’ve learned about Rivian as a company and their mission. Bonus: when I showed my wife, she remarked the RS1 had just enough “boxiness” and the right green color to satisfy her long running desire to own a vintage, dark, green Land Rover.
Just a few days after learning about Rivian, I was sold and placed a deposit. It’s out of character for me to go in on something sight unseen, but it hooked me. I wish I had known about Rivian sooner but better late than never, and I squeezed in before all the IPO press!

·
Registered
446 Posts
For those of us in New England. I was at Logan International Airport this week and realized that I was only 8 minutes from the Rivian Service Center. I swung through Chelsea to see if I could find it and see if it was actually distinguishable as a Rivian property, and if it looked like it was turning into something viable for its intended uses. Turns out that it is a sizeable garage and service space, has plenty of parking around the perimeter, and has been painted "Rivian black" (at least on the ground level - similar to other Rivian service centers we have seen). There was no signage for Rivian present. The windows to the side of the facility facing the road were covered, and I was going to jump out and snoop around, as there was work being done. Good news is that there were 3 contractor vehicles on-site at the time of my fly-by doing what can only be presumed as electrical work. They could have been working on wiring in the building, they could have been preparing charging for internal and external vehicle charging, I just don't know... But, I thought it was encouraging to see those electricians on-site. The other interesting thing about this location is that it is smack dab in the middle of all of the Air Freight storage facilities for Logan. I'm sure that from a parts and service perspective, this weighed heavily on the site location decision. It couldn't really be any closer to Logan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those of us in New England. I was at Logan International Airport this week and realized that I was only 8 minutes from the Rivian Service Center. I swung through Chelsea to see if I could find it and see if it was actually distinguishable as a Rivian property, and if it looked like it was turning into something viable for its intended uses. Turns out that it is a sizeable garage and service space, has plenty of parking around the perimeter, and has been painted "Rivian black" (at least on the ground level - similar to other Rivian service centers we have seen). There was no signage for Rivian present. The windows to the side of the facility facing the road were covered, and I was going to jump out and snoop around, as there was work being done. Good news is that there were 3 contractor vehicles on-site at the time of my fly-by doing what can only be presumed as electrical work. They could have been working on wiring in the building, they could have been preparing charging for internal and external vehicle charging, I just don't know... But, I thought it was encouraging to see those electricians on-site. The other interesting thing about this location is that it is smack dab in the middle of all of the Air Freight storage facilities for Logan. I'm sure that from a parts and service perspective, this weighed heavily on the site location decision. It couldn't really be any closer to Logan.
I didn't realized there was a service center location picked out all ready...
Gonna be a haul from the Cape, unless mobile service will come here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about making a trip to see if any action at the site. I saw they had were on some of the agendas for the planning board and zoning board for special permits/site plan review in August/Sept 2021. Positive sign that you saw some changes!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts