Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Super excited! I just completed the 8 step process for delivery on the Rivian site. It is scheduled to be delivered to me the Friday, May 6 at 2pm. 3 years, 2 months and 9 days after I ordered it!
Congratulations! Did you get the 8 step process via email after completing the preliminary buyer's agreement? If so, approximately how long in between?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Southern Maine, in for a Launch edition R1T in launch green, black mountain interior. 20” wheels. Really want the camp kitchen but debating cost vs value and how much use it’ll actually get. Hoping to get more info on a bed cap in the future. No contact from Rivian at this point but didn’t expect to given I’m in Maine.
I'm hoping that some other truck has a cap that will fit the R1T. I had a conversation with a veteran cap dealer and he said that until there are enough sold the regular cap Mfg won't bother making a mold. I haven't done a search because I'm still waiting to hear more than "first half of 22" but the full cab-not enough bed config is predominant in the industry so there may be hope. I suppose I could build one if I had to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Northbridge, MA. This will be my first EV. I have had a few hybrids Prius, Civic hybrid, Lexus RX400h. I've pre-ordered the R1S: Forest Green with Black Mountain interior. Given the capabilities of this vehicle I would love to find some off road tracks or trails to put it through its paces when I get it. Does anyone know of any good places to go off road in NewEngland?
Power line right-of-ways

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those in the Northeast with deliveries coming through BOS, I am happy to report that I know of 2 more confirmed deliveries this weekend and I am in the process of scheduling my own delivery. I would imagine that there may be a few trailer loads of R1T's on their way to NE right now.
Rivian in Vermont: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/comments/uj4wvk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Where are you located?
Southern Maine...did 7 out of 8 steps for purchasing yesterday. The last one is scheduling delivery, which I think I get a notice from them about. My guide texted to tell me my R1T is in transit from the plant in Normal to the closest Service Center for its final quality checks.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Oh, its def on!
Saw my first ever Rivian today (my buddies delivery in MA)
Then I went for a drive in it.
Limestone R1T w/ black 20AT's. It was absolutely INSANE.
He was so stoked, and I was really stoked for him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hold onto your hat! We have liftoff in Chelsea! In addition to a large van, two flatbed delivery trucks, four R1T’s with manufacturer plates there are…three R1T’s in the bays without plates on them! I’m guessing launch green, limestone and silver ! I have more pictures but the attached is the keeper! View attachment 5772
Wow! This bodes well for our deliveries. Great catching up on Saturday, I’m even more sold than ever and I still haven’t ridden in one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took delivery on Friday in Hudson NH. It was delivered on a flatbed lettered Rivian. The delivery was for 2pm. He showed up a few minutes past 2pm. He went through the whole vehicle. Then we went out for a test drive. All good. I have Illinois temp plate on it for now. The entire process starting with my 45 minute call to meet my Rivian guide Chimere to the 8 step process to the delivery was outstanding! Kudos to John who delivered the truck! No paper was exchanged! No need for paper! I then spent the weekend in Boston with it. I was up at 6am Saturday morning and in it by 6:30am. I spent almost 3 hours driving all through the city. The truck is a celebrity! Tons of thumbs up! Next step. Purchasing Rivian stock.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle
Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle White

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Unfortunately, I have had the exact opposite experience in the last week... This very final step (or hurdle I guess) to schedule my delivery has been the worst Rivian CS experience for me to date. I consider myself to be a fairly rational & patient human. I guess you have to be, especially if you're going to be OK with waiting since 2019 for delivery. I am OK with the wait. I actually think the reservation window length was very reasonable - particularly given the pandemic and supply chain shortage and everything required to launch a new company.

My guide (I had my 1st guide contact on April 14) has been gone for a week. He went out after confirming my config & after the signing of my PBA etc. He was great about letting me know and giving me a back-up guide and contact info while he was OOO in case I had questions. Just before he left, I let him know that if there was anything at all that I could do to make these final steps easier or faster (in terms of the options for pick-up, home delivery, or drop off with no walk-thru) I would be fine with it. Just let me know.

Long story short, I went through the full 8 step process last week, I obtained my insurance, I ACH'd my money to Rivian last Thursday, and I reached the penultimate STEP #8!

Unfortunately, this is where things really started to slide downhill. Perhaps my expectations from hearing about other experiences tainted me, but once I hit step 8, I was fully expecting to set my delivery date within the next few days. Unfortunately, STEP #8 was not yet available in the App. Hmmmm. So I waited. I refreshed, I reached out to my guide's back-up contact after a day or so, but never heard back. Then I decided to call Rivian. FWIW, CS cannot help with any of these things once you are in the process of finalizing your transaction, so you need to get escalated to another guide, if your guide is not available. The guide I spoke with accessed my account and said they would look into it on Friday and call me right back. Well, no call back on Friday.

On Saturday, my buddy took delivery of his R1T in Mass. He had ordered his R1T last year, and as mentioned I had ordered mine back in '19. All along we had a plan that I would let him know as soon as my delivery was scheduled. He (like me) was so amped to see one in person and so stoked that I had ordered early. In any event, the tables were turned, and his config came thru way early, and I would be joining his delivery party at his house on Sat. It was awesome. I was so happy to be there and happy for him. We both thought the truck looked way better than either of us had imagined it would in person. I honestly wasn't even thinking about my experience during his delivery experience, until he asked his Rivian delivery guy "what the hell was going on with my delivery?". Honestly, the Rivian employee was genuinely concerned. He followed all protocols and was not able to take my personal details like my phone and email, but he had a way to "look into it", which was really nice of him, since that wasn't his job. He stressed over and over again how important the delivery and service aspects were to the company at this early stage, and I was glad to hear this of course, and told him that I was still in my April/ May delivery window, and that another week wasn't going to kill me, but that floating my money and not being able to schedule delivery was a pretty bad CS experience - particularly after all this time!

Yesterday (Mother's day) my phone rang and it was a call from Irvine. A friendly voice was on the other end of the line. Was I about to get my delivery date? Was the truck in Chelsea? Could I drive to the service center and pick it up? Was a flat bed approaching? All of these questions ran through my head. The rep then said that my truck was ready for delivery, and that I could pick it up tomorrow! However, he then said that if I wanted it, I would need to go pick it up in New York. New York? I literally thought he was joking at first. I had literally just been to a home delivery in MA at my buddy's house the day before, for a truck that was ordered in 2021! I honestly was thinking to myself, are these guys fu*&cking w/ me? I have launch green paint, black mountain interior, black 20 AT's, Off-road package, Spare tire, All weather floor mats, field kit and racks. Did something in my config make my truck that much different than all of the others? (these are all the thoughts that swirled through my head). Driving to NY today with no notice and work was going to be a definitive no-go for me. He ended the call and said, "no problem, keep working with your guide, we're just having a hard time finding transportation, and we wanted to give you the option". I guess the driver shortage and transport is putting a serious strain on the supply chain for the "last mile" - at least for some if use. Hopefully I can get excited again about a delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately, I have had the exact opposite experience in the last week... This very final step (or hurdle I guess) to schedule my delivery has been the worst Rivian CS experience for me to date. I consider myself to be a fairly rational & patient human. I guess you have to be, especially if you're going to be OK with waiting since 2019 for delivery. I am OK with the wait. I actually think the reservation window length was very reasonable - particularly given the pandemic and supply chain shortage and everything required to launch a new company.

My guide (I had my 1st guide contact on April 14) has been gone for a week. He went out after confirming my config & after the signing of my PBA etc. He was great about letting me know and giving me a back-up guide and contact info while he was OOO in case I had questions. Just before he left, I let him know that if there was anything at all that I could do to make these final steps easier or faster (in terms of the options for pick-up, home delivery, or drop off with no walk-thru) I would be fine with it. Just let me know.

Long story short, I went through the full 8 step process last week, I obtained my insurance, I ACH'd my money to Rivian last Thursday, and I reached the penultimate STEP #8!

Unfortunately, this is where things really started to slide downhill. Perhaps my expectations from hearing about other experiences tainted me, but once I hit step 8, I was fully expecting to set my delivery date within the next few days. Unfortunately, STEP #8 was not yet available in the App. Hmmmm. So I waited. I refreshed, I reached out to my guide's back-up contact after a day or so, but never heard back. Then I decided to call Rivian. FWIW, CS cannot help with any of these things once you are in the process of finalizing your transaction, so you need to get escalated to another guide, if your guide is not available. The guide I spoke with accessed my account and said they would look into it on Friday and call me right back. Well, no call back on Friday.

On Saturday, my buddy took delivery of his R1T in Mass. He had ordered his R1T last year, and as mentioned I had ordered mine back in '19. All along we had a plan that I would let him know as soon as my delivery was scheduled. He (like me) was so amped to see one in person and so stoked that I had ordered early. In any event, the tables were turned, and his config came thru way early, and I would be joining his delivery party at his house on Sat. It was awesome. I was so happy to be there and happy for him. We both thought the truck looked way better than either of us had imagined it would in person. I honestly wasn't even thinking about my experience during his delivery experience, until he asked his Rivian delivery guy "what the hell was going on with my delivery?". Honestly, the Rivian employee was genuinely concerned. He followed all protocols and was not able to take my personal details like my phone and email, but he had a way to "look into it", which was really nice of him, since that wasn't his job. He stressed over and over again how important the delivery and service aspects were to the company at this early stage, and I was glad to hear this of course, and told him that I was still in my April/ May delivery window, and that another week wasn't going to kill me, but that floating my money and not being able to schedule delivery was a pretty bad CS experience - particularly after all this time!

Yesterday (Mother's day) my phone rang and it was a call from Irvine. A friendly voice was on the other end of the line. Was I about to get my delivery date? Was the truck in Chelsea? Could I drive to the service center and pick it up? Was a flat bed approaching? All of these questions ran through my head. The rep then said that my truck was ready for delivery, and that I could pick it up tomorrow! However, he then said that if I wanted it, I would need to go pick it up in New York. New York? I literally thought he was joking at first. I had literally just been to a home delivery in MA at my buddy's house the day before, for a truck that was ordered in 2021! I honestly was thinking to myself, are these guys fu*&cking w/ me? I have launch green paint, black mountain interior, black 20 AT's, Off-road package, Spare tire, All weather floor mats, field kit and racks. Did something in my config make my truck that much different than all of the others? (these are all the thoughts that swirled through my head). Driving to NY today with no notice and work was going to be a definitive no-go for me. He ended the call and said, "no problem, keep working with your guide, we're just having a hard time finding transportation, and we wanted to give you the option". I guess the driver shortage and transport is putting a serious strain on the supply chain for the "last mile" - at least for some if use. Hopefully I can get excited again about a delivery.

Hmmmm. So when you access your Rivian account on a desk top (I write that because you had a problem with the app) the 8th step is unchecked? If yes what happens when you click on it?

121 - 140 of 179 Posts