Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up fellow Rivian owners! I picked up my white R1T on Dec 20th. I wasn’t supposed to get my truck until summer of 2023 so it was a very merry Christmas for me. I have since added several accessories and wanted to share my thoughts and feedback on what I’ve added. I have also had some early issues that are already scheduled for service and wanted to share that as well.

accessories:
Rivian heavy duty floor mats: well made and fit perfectly
Rivian cargo crossbars: haven’t installed them yet but he quality is outstanding.
TWRAPS Matte Screen Protectors: great quality and the matte finish really helps with glare.
TWRAPS Center Console Tray: got it in Yellow and love the color match and quality.
TWRAPS MagSafe Charging pad: if you are an apple user then this is a must. My phone was sliding everywhere before I added this. You can charge two phone and the stay put. Quality and fit is top notch.

early issues:
Several Panel gaps need adjusting
Front doors are running when you open and close them
Tailgate needs adjusting (only auto opens 50% of the time)
Creaking sound coming from dash area
Suspension is chirpy/squeaky
Excessive wind noise at highway speeds
High pitched sound from rear when going over 70
Clicking noise when going under 10mph that started after 500 miles (sounds like spinning the wheel on wheel of fortune)
Rear doors difficult to close
Had an issue when I had my Rivian wall charger installed but the fixed it remotely

With all that said I am extremely happy with my truck and customer service been very responsive and easy to work with.

· Registered
27 Posts
What’s up fellow Rivian owners! I picked up my white R1T on Dec 20th. I wasn’t supposed to get my truck until summer of 2023 so it was a very merry Christmas for me. I have since added several accessories and wanted to share my thoughts and feedback on what I’ve added. I have also had some early issues that are already scheduled for service and wanted to share that as well.

accessories:
Rivian heavy duty floor mats: well made and fit perfectly
Rivian cargo crossbars: haven’t installed them yet but he quality is outstanding.
TWRAPS Matte Screen Protectors: great quality and the matte finish really helps with glare.
TWRAPS Center Console Tray: got it in Yellow and love the color match and quality.
TWRAPS MagSafe Charging pad: if you are an apple user then this is a must. My phone was sliding everywhere before I added this. You can charge two phone and the stay put. Quality and fit is top notch.

early issues:
Several Panel gaps need adjusting
Front doors are running when you open and close them
Tailgate needs adjusting (only auto opens 50% of the time)
Creaking sound coming from dash area
Suspension is chirpy/squeaky
Excessive wind noise at highway speeds
High pitched sound from rear when going over 70
Clicking noise when going under 10mph that started after 500 miles (sounds like spinning the wheel on wheel of fortune)
Rear doors difficult to close
Had an issue when I had my Rivian wall charger installed but the fixed it remotely

With all that said I am extremely happy with my truck and customer service been very responsive and easy to work with.
I live in Charlotte. Waiting on my R1S. Where do you live in NC and which service center delivered your vehicle and which one will do the repairs? Atlanta?

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I’m in Asheboro. I had to go pick it up at the Richmond VA service center.
Consider yourself lucky .. I live in Charlotte w/ an R1S reservation/order and in late October I was put in "Processing Estimate" Hold (exact words were, "...The delivery window estimate in your Account has been temporarily set to “Processing new estimate” as we finalize plans for when we’ll have a Service Center in your area. ...") .. ugh!

I wish they had given me the ability to pick it up in Richmond, VA since it's not likely that they'll build a service center in the Carolinas anytime soon (not even showing up on the Rivian proposed SC schedule).

I'm glad you were able to get yours .. (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts