Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All!
I finally pulled the trigger on an R1T reservation, don't know why I waited so long!

I live in San Diego and I'm a complete EV convert after driving my Model 3 for almost 4 years. Also been dreaming of having a capable off-road vehicle so I can get back to exploring the backcountry like I used to when I was younger. Until recently I thought my daily driver EV and my off-road rig had to be two separate vehicles, but finally decided the R1T can fill both needs in one car, which is fantastic.

I know how hard the waiting process is, I did that for my Model 3 (~1 year wait), but it was completely worth it in the end, I hope this experience will be the same!

Also, FWIW, I have nothing bad to say about Tesla, I would consider buying another one if they had a vehicle that met my needs. I really hope the non-Tesla charging infrastructure gets a lot better quickly, or Tesla opens up their chargers. It's a non-issue until you want to road trip, and then it makes the difference between a great trip and a horrible one. The Tesla charging infrastructure has worked flawlessly during our road trips.

Kirk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I might want a Cybertruck, since I am a fan of Tesla. But that truck is vaporware at this point, and my wife made it clear she would not be driving around with me in a vehicle that looked like that! 🙂 The only thing I'm bummed about with this change is the Wr/mi consumption for the Rivian will be about double my Model 3, so operating costs will be higher. But that will be the case for any BEV truck I think, I assume Ford or Chevy trucks will be as bad or worse than Rivian for efficiency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts