Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from Northeastern Illinois!

Very glad to have found this forum, along with the great folks on the Rivian Facebook page and the r/Rivian Reddit thread.

I've long wanted to make the jump into EVs but couldn't find a vehicle that fit my "lifestyle". I'm a current 2020 Jeep Gladiator owner who does light off-roading and lots of mall-crawling. The R1T will be a perfect fit for me and my family and it's being introduced at a time when I am at a fortunate point in my career to be able to afford the performance and ability of the Rivian.

As Jeep owners know, there's something to be said about making a vehicle your own and not like anyone else's so I am looking forward to seeing what kind of aftermarket toys (winch, tires, bed racks, etc) come available.

Thank you all for your posts and the knowledge that you've shared. I hope to be a productive member of the forums!

- Tom

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum @A76Marine! Are you looking to add the R1T alongside your Gladiator? Is there a specific accessory you want to see come for the R1T?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @A76Marine! Are you looking to add the R1T alongside your Gladiator? Is there a specific accessory you want to see come for the R1T?
I would love to be able to own both, but my wife is far too partial to her GMC Acadia so I'll likely have to let the 'Dirty Panda' be a trade-in.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would love to be able to own both, but my wife is far too partial to her GMC Acadia so I'll likely have to let the 'Dirty Panda' be a trade-in.
Ahh that's too bad, it's a good looking Gladiator. What first got you interested in Rivian?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome @A76Marine!

Seen your Rivian in the reservation tracker. Were you considering any other ways to spec it before putting through the order?

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green
26 Posts
Hello everyone from Northeastern Illinois!

Very glad to have found this forum, along with the great folks on the Rivian Facebook page and the r/Rivian Reddit thread.

I've long wanted to make the jump into EVs but couldn't find a vehicle that fit my "lifestyle". I'm a current 2020 Jeep Gladiator owner who does light off-roading and lots of mall-crawling. The R1T will be a perfect fit for me and my family and it's being introduced at a time when I am at a fortunate point in my career to be able to afford the performance and ability of the Rivian.

As Jeep owners know, there's something to be said about making a vehicle your own and not like anyone else's so I am looking forward to seeing what kind of aftermarket toys (winch, tires, bed racks, etc) come available.

Thank you all for your posts and the knowledge that you've shared. I hope to be a productive member of the forums!

- Tom

View attachment 1863
I like your Gladiator by the way. They intrigue me as an off-road vehicle that probably won’t be how our R1S is used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh that's too bad, it's a good looking Gladiator. What first got you interested in Rivian?
I was a reservation holder for the Nikola Badger and thought I was SOL when they flopped. As soon as I saw the R1T I knew I had my next vehicle.

Interestingly, I was a part of a focus group for pickup truck owners and many of the questions they asked there have me convinced Rivian was the brand running the panel. They asked about electric vehicles but didn't focus on it. They asked our thoughts on things like the camp kitchen accessory but also some other really cool ideas that I can't share at this time but they were VERY next generation vehicle. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome @A76Marine!

Seen your Rivian in the reservation tracker. Were you considering any other ways to spec it before putting through the order?
Many of the options I chose will stay, things like the max battery, etc. Color and wheel color I've already changed in my config LOL. Ultimately it will come down to availability and build time but I'm loving the yellow with black wheels right now. I like to be a little different and love that not many others chose this color.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was a reservation holder for the Nikola Badger and thought I was SOL when they flopped. As soon as I saw the R1T I knew I had my next vehicle.

Interestingly, I was a part of a focus group for pickup truck owners and many of the questions they asked there have me convinced Rivian was the brand running the panel. They asked about electric vehicles but didn't focus on it. They asked our thoughts on things like the camp kitchen accessory but also some other really cool ideas that I can't share at this time but they were VERY next generation vehicle. 👍
Yeah that whole story with Nikola is nuts. Did you have to pay when you placed your reservation with them?

That focus group does seem like Rivian haha how did you get to participate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that whole story with Nikola is nuts. Did you have to pay when you placed your reservation with them?

That focus group does seem like Rivian haha how did you get to participate?
Yes, I did put down $2500 on the Badger but they were quick with the refund after announcing they wouldn't produce the truck any longer. That is why I wasn't worried about putting money with Rivian, I feel it's being managed properly.

I am actually not sure how the focus group got my info, the best guess I've had was via my purchase of the Jeep Gladiator. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, I did put down $2500 on the Badger but they were quick with the refund after announcing they wouldn't produce the truck any longer. That is why I wasn't worried about putting money with Rivian, I feel it's being managed properly.

I am actually not sure how the focus group got my info, the best guess I've had was via my purchase of the Jeep Gladiator. 🤷‍♂️
The Gladiator is a good guess for the focus group. I have been invited to several in the past. They usually tell you what the qualifying vehicle is, mine were Tahoe, Mini Cooper, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Tesla Model S (Most was the Tesla, second most was the Mini Cooper). I'm sure many people will get invites once they purchase a Rivian as more manufacturers will certainly be using these as a standard to mark against.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am currently in Florida renting a brand new 4 door Jeep. I'm pretty sure the Jeep handles worse than my beater Chevy Silverado 2500HD with 180,000 miles on it. The jeep does not track well and the interior feels really cramped. The worse my Silverado gets the better, as it will just make the Rivian such a humongous upgrade when I take delivery. I'm hoping it makes it to delivery day though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts