Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
R1S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live and work in CT, have 7 healthy, smart, good mannered active children. We just built our new home on the top of a mountain with one of the most beautiful views in all of New England. Our dirt driveway is over 1 mile long. I drive over 50,000 miles per year.
I have had an interest in EVs for a while but with the amount of miles I drive and the number of kids in our family there were not many choices for me. I fell in love with the R1S when I first saw it. I pre ordered one last November and since placing that order my life has changed!
Although CT does not allow for direct sales, I have been an advocate. I have met some of the Rivian team members at different events in CT and they have a lot of passion for the brand. I was invited by Senator Will Haskell to visit the capitol when the team had a R1T on display for the state representatives. Seeing and touching it made me even more excited for the arrival of our R1S soon!
Anyone else from CT waiting on their delivery date/test drive?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Welcome to the forum @mfrisbie! How did you spec your R1S? What kind of work have you been doing advocating for direct sales in CT?

When you get the chance be sure to add your R1S to the order tracker!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here, been browsing for a long time. I'm also in CT, in Windsor. And incidentally I just built a new house as well.

R1S LE in launch green ordered Sept 2020. Waiting for delivery is pure torture.

I won't be hauling 7 kids in my R1S, but I have 3 and another on the way.

·
Registered
R1S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @mfrisbie! How did you spec your R1S? What kind of work have you been doing advocating for direct sales in CT?

When you get the chance be sure to add your R1S to the order tracker!

MilesK, thanks for the nice welcome. I testified during the hearing for SB 127. I hosted and spoke at a TCI press conference with Senator Will Haskell. I own several high end gas stations and building the infrastructure to include DC FC chargers hopefully connecting New York to Boston. I have been approved to build the first of its kind in the US an Electric Vehicle Discovery Center in Sturbridge, MA.

Got denied for a couple of EV showrooms and service centers in CT, still trying to get them approved in several towns.

·
Registered
R1S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New member here, been browsing for a long time. I'm also in CT, in Windsor. And incidentally I just built a new house as well.

R1S LE in launch green ordered Sept 2020. Waiting for delivery is pure torture.

I won't be hauling 7 kids in my R1S, but I have 3 and another on the way.
Truly torture isn't it. You will be happy to know that I own Noble Gas and we have several stations in the Hartford area. I have a level 3 charger at my station in downtown Hartford. More importantly I have plans to put DC FC's at my proposed locations including a project in Windsor on Day Hill Road. I have many sites in the works throughout CT!

·
Registered
R1S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truly torture isn't it. You will be happy to know that I own Noble Gas and we have several stations in the Hartford area. I have a level 3 charger at my station in downtown Hartford. More importantly I have plans to put DC FC's at my proposed locations including a project in Windsor on Day Hill Road. I have many sites in the works throughout CT!
Congrats on the 3+ children. Nothing better than being a dad!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.