Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been planning to buy an Electric Vehicle for quite some time already. Initially I was looking at Tesla Model X SUV with 7 seats but the price is too expensive & the 3rd row seats are quite cramped for adults. When I read the articles through the Edmunds, KBB, Motor Trends, caranddriver, topspeed, carbuzz and etc websites that Rivian has a 7 seater SUV version launching soon. I've since done a lot of reading/research and now I'm hooked on this brand! I have configured a R1S & placed a deposit too and can't wait to test drive one and also drive home with the R1S soon!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
182 Posts
Welcome @DavidEV LV !

I also have a R1S configured. Do you want the space for kids or you other uses. What do you drive now?

In my case I need the extra space for the 2 kids+2 dogs 🐶. My wife drives a CR-V and we needed something bigger after having the second kid recently😀.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome @DavidEV LV !

I also have a R1S configured. Do you want the space for kids or you other uses. What do you drive now?

In my case I need the extra space for the 2 kids+2 dogs 🐶. My wife drives a CR-V and we needed something bigger after having the second kid recently😀.
Thank you Sultanum. Currently I am driving a 2016 BMW X5 7 seater which the 3rd seat row which would be a bit tight for 2 adults. I would need a 7 seater which all my adult family members can travel together going on road trips in 1 car instead of using 2 or 3 cars. With this new Rivian SUV, this would save me quite a substantial amount of money on gasoline and periodic car maintenance upkeep expenses.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
182 Posts
Thank you Sultanum. Currently I am driving a 2016 BMW X5 7 seater which the 3rd seat row which would be a bit tight for 2 adults. I would need a 7 seater which all my adult family members can travel together going on road trips in 1 car instead of using 2 or 3 cars. With this new Rivian SUV, this would save me quite a substantial amount of money on gasoline and periodic car maintenance upkeep expenses.
Did you test drive the bmw X7? I am asking because its dimensions are pretty close to the R1S so I assume that is the closest thing we have to the R1S before we have a chance to see it in person. Of course, being an electric car, the R1S may actually have more interior space even if the exterior is the same. I took a look at the X7 recently when I was taking my i3 to maintenance and it felt pretty spacious for my needs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you test drive the bmw X7? I am asking because its dimensions are pretty close to the R1S so I assume that is the closest thing we have to the R1S before we have a chance to see it in person. Of course, being an electric car, the R1S may actually have more interior space even if the exterior is the same. I took a look at the X7 recently when I was taking my i3 to maintenance and it felt pretty spacious for my needs.
I did not test drive the BMW X7 but I went in to try the 3rd row seat which has good leg room and it is comfortable as the 2nd row seating.

Yes I agree the X7 is quite spacious compare to my current X5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts