Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Reservation made around Rivian IPO. Changed from max pack to large pack in May and now have been put in touch with a guide.
Never had access to the Shop, but apparently will be matched with an R1T on the factory line shortly.

Rivian blue
Stock tires
Pair of racks
Spare tire
All weather floor mats
Camp kitchen
Power cover
Black interior

Thanks for everyone who shares here.

First time buying a new car - only ever have gone the used route previously.

Planning to trade in a 550xi GT and use this truck to haul some electric dirt bikes.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome @jme and best wishes for a successful delivery.

As @atebit notes, there are few folks in our neck of the woods who either have gotten their R1T or will shortly. There is a blue R1T in the driveway of a house not more than a mile from me here in Delco but I have no idea if the owner participates in either Rivian forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!

Seems like Rivian could be prioritizing this area.

I'm over in Montco.

I was wondering if switching away from the cheaper pricing on the max pack bumps the way - before I could change my mind and switch back...

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2011 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD
7 Posts
I live a bit north of you. Decided to join this forum just to say hi neighbor. Hope you get your R1T s00n! I have an R1T ordered as of 11/21 and still no word! Enjoy!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hmmm, not sure I agree that Rivian is prioritizing the area.

We are the 5th largest metro area in the country and as far as I'm aware, there has not been a First Mile event here (WDC/MD, NYC and VA all have had them). And again, as far as I'm aware, Rivian has no plans for one either. Same for a service center. While I believe that there are quite a few reservation holders in the area, I don't think that there is a Rivian service center on the cards for us and we'll be heading out of state for that (Brooklyn may be the closest for you).

Opting for the LR over the Max is absolutely the reason for the earlier delivery. From what I've seen, all R1T Max reservation holders who had delivery windows in 2022 have been pushed to 2023. I have my doubts that anyone will get an R1T Max in the first half of next year though.

Even though I put my deposit in place in May of 2020, I have not been able to configure the Rivian I want, the R1S Max (I will be towing a camper, so a larger battery is essential). Rivian walked back the Max package for the R1S when the configurator went live, and some months later said that they will offer a "Longer Range" battery pack. They've been saying that for over a year however, so I'm not holding my breath.

It looks like the stars are coming into alignment for you to see an R1T in your driveway very soon, at least if you stay with the LR. Fingers crossed for you and let us know how things shake out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guide mentioned Cleveland and Brooklyn as the likely areas for the delivery. Apparently the flatbed deliveries out of Brooklyn are fully booked with constant delivery. I'm not interested in driving to NYC at the moment, and would prefer home delivery. Will see how that goes...

The intent to purchase agreement and configuration lock have all been completed. I am assuming the 8 steps process is what happens next - once a truck is found or pulled on the line.

I don't think the max pack can fit in R1S and the R1T max pack may not fully fit either without utilizing some underseat storage. The Munro breakdown of the chassis was interesting to watch regarding availability of space for additional 45kwh of cells.

The price I can sell my current car for really flipped my mind on moving away from the max pack to taking delivery sooner. Too good to pass up for me based on the current economics.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Great to see at least a few deliveries to folks here in the DE-NJ-PA area. Curious as to which service center(s) Rivian is using for delivery or is it the case that like for @jme, folks are opting for home delivery. Also great to see that folks really like the R1T.

Though I have an R1T reserved, I would really prefer the SUV since we have two dogs. Rivian is rumored to be planning to release more detail about the R1S on 6 July. Let's hope that's true, but in case not, we should learn more during the Q2 earnings call.

Congrats to @jme on starting the delivery process!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off to an interesting start...
Received a quote for trading in my current car. What a joke. The quote is nearly insulting.

Rivian's trade in quote multiplied by 1.5 is still less than the next quote I received from either Car*** or Car**** that rhyme with 'max' and 'nirvana'.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great to see at least a few deliveries to folks here in the DE-NJ-PA area. Curious as to which service center(s) Rivian is using for delivery or is it the case that like for @jme, folks are opting for home delivery. Also great to see that folks really like the R1T.

Though I have an R1T reserved, I would really prefer the SUV since we have two dogs. Rivian is rumored to be planning to release more detail about the R1S on 6 July. Let's hope that's true, but in case not, we should learn more during the Q2 earnings call.

Congrats to @jme on starting the delivery process!
My truck came from Rockville, MD where as another owner I know of near my office in South NJ was delivered from Brooklyn.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Off to an interesting start...
Received a quote for trading in my current car. What a joke. The quote is nearly insulting.

Rivian's trade in quote multiplied by 1.5 is still less than the next quote I received from either Car*** or Car**** that rhyme with 'max' and 'nirvana'.
The used car market is flooded with cars and it's no where near as good as it was 6-10months ago. I sold my Audi Allroad the day before my R1T was delivered for the highest price from anyone that was willing to make an offer, still had to come out of pocket $2500 to remain flat and release my title.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I sold my 2019 Tundra back to the selling dealer at the beginning of June for ~$350 less than I originally paid for it. Last week I sold my 2021 Taycan 4S to a Porsche dealer for (a little) more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The used car market is flooded with cars and it's no where near as good as it was 6-10months ago. I sold my Audi Allroad the day before my R1T was delivered for the highest price from anyone that was willing to make an offer, still had to come out of pocket $2500 to remain flat and release my title.
If Rivian is offering 20k and a place like Carvana or Carmax is offering 30k, flooded market or not, the price disparity is absurd. I was expecting Rivian to be lower, but not that much lower.

I have the title in my hand, so maybe they lowballed. Who knows.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update:
Delivery is scheduled for July 15th.
The process has been a relatively simple series of steps thus far. Also has gone very quickly in my opinion.
My guide has been available when needed via text messaging. I have only spoken to my guide once for the initial introduction. This seems like a scalable process for Rivian and hope others experience the same.

My delivery is coming from Brooklyn and was scheduled via a different text message exchange with a different individual. Took all of 5 minutes. Also, seems like a scalable and efficient process. For those that may wonder, I had a wide range of scheduling options and could have scheduled 2 days sooner. July 15th worked best for my family.

I did not end up using Rivian's trade in, insurance, or financing. Each did not make financial sense.
Tradein offer was far too low as previously shared.
Rivian's insurance quote was $158 more per 6 months with comparable plan to existing with maximum discount bundles (2 cars, 1 home bundled).
Rivian's financing was 1.10% higher for 60 months - getting 4.19% from a national credit union VS 5.29% offered by Rivian.

Fingers crossed that all goes well with selling my existing car to Carvana, the license plate transfer from current car to Rivian, and delivery on Friday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sold my car earlier this week to Carvana. Too easy and good to be true. Keep waiting for some sort of catch or issue, but the check cleared and the process took less than 5 minutes in person.

Received the Rivian today! Nothing but positive things to say thus far. I'm coming from a 6000lb BMW GT 550xi with the Dynamic Handling package - similar to the Rivian's suspension engineering I would imagine. Sport mode in the 550 would lower the suspension, tighten the response, practically eliminate all body roll, and increase RPM zones for shifting/turbo band optimization - that ride mode feels similar in my opinion to the stiff/standard in the Rivian. Comfort in the BMW would soften the suspension system, keep body roll in check and modify shift zones in low RPM - feels similar to soft in the Rivian. Beyond comfort in the BMW, there was a comfort+. The comfort+ in the BMW was almost like riding on a 90s big airbag Cadillac - like a boat on calm water - which was great for long drives. I would assume Rivian could achieve similar if they wanted to based on the technology. Body roll in Rivian's sport mode has been very good thus far, and crazy to think about for a 7000lb truck that is feet longer than my previous car.

Being able to haul some toys, sheets of 13 ply Baltic birch plywood, and still ride in comfort (or overly enjoy the occasional spirited driving) is a package dream I was surprised could exist. Time will tell if this Rivian will deliver that package, but the first few hours certainly seem to indicate the dream could come true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paoli, Chester County PA. R1T Rivian Blue, Adventure package, standard fit-out. Ordered 11/1/21; delivered to my house from Brooklyn SC 6/7/22. I somehow got very lucky, but no complaints. After just over a month of use, still amazing! The only problem is that I have to add 5-10 minutes to every errand so I can hold a Rivian class in the parking lot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts