Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Been lurking and got fired up to join. I've got a September 2019 reservation date. Currently an El Cap R1T build but I'm always mulling over my build.

Backstory: I had an LE reserved briefly but didn't like the Launch Green and changed to a non-launch edition to get a different color. At the time I thought the launch edition only came in one color. Checked with Customer Service and I can't go back or get the deal. Long story short, I've got a September delivery window, BUT...

I'm thinking about switching to an R1S given that I'm grandfathered in price-wise. R1S suits my needs better. Wife likes the R1S better.

That said, it seems like the R1T got all the creative love from Rivian. Gear tunnel, Gear guard, retractable tonneau, etc. Makes me think the R1T is a better value. Anyone have the same thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive had lots of SUVs of varying size (Escalade, Navigator, X5, Q5, Range Rover Sport) over the years and two pickup trucks, an older Ford Ranger and a 2017 Ram. I am driving the Audi Q5 now while waiting for my Rivian to be delivered and there is not a month that goes by that I don't REALLY miss the utility of having a pickup bed with tonneau cover. Tough Rubber Made or Plano containers from Home Depot organize things nicely and keep them from rolling around. I cant answer for you but I am anxious to get my R1T and have a bed with cover again...and BONUS - the gear tunnel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts