Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum but reserved my Rivian a year ago. Configured an R1T but in reality the R1S is more useful to us, so just converted it to R1S, large pack, El Cap Granite, Ocean Coast with 22" sports. Still not sure about the exterior color! Have changed it multiple times including the Midnight, Red, Forrest Green and Limestone.

I would love it if Rivian sent out color chips on metal to see the actual color! The Red, in particular, seems to be range dramatically from a bright red/orange to a subdued deep red. And I am hoping the El Cap is like the Land Rover deep grey but who knows for sure until you see them in the flesh. And I have seen some pix of a flat black that is undoubtedly not Midnight that looks quite cool. Printed and monitor color samples just don't cut it!

Well, I know that I will be waiting for some time given that the Ocean Coast interior is delayed. But I like that look better than the other options so now just playing with exterior colors!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Our R1T is El Cap. I will say the El Cap has a lot of blue/green in it. It's not 128/128/128 RGB grey. You might want to visit your closest service center - maybe you'd be able to see several of the colors side by side at that location. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I am new to the forum but reserved my Rivian a year ago. Configured an R1T but in reality the R1S is more useful to us, so just converted it to R1S, large pack, El Cap Granite, Ocean Coast with 22" sports. Still not sure about the exterior color! Have changed it multiple times including the Midnight, Red, Forrest Green and Limestone.

I would love it if Rivian sent out color chips on metal to see the actual color! The Red, in particular, seems to be range dramatically from a bright red/orange to a subdued deep red. And I am hoping the El Cap is like the Land Rover deep grey but who knows for sure until you see them in the flesh. And I have seen some pix of a flat black that is undoubtedly not Midnight that looks quite cool. Printed and monitor color samples just don't cut it!

Well, I know that I will be waiting for some time given that the Ocean Coast interior is delayed. But I like that look better than the other options so now just playing with exterior colors!
Hey @Alan Michaels welcome to the forum! Have you had a chance to see any Rivians in person to get an idea about the colors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our R1T is El Cap. I will say the El Cap has a lot of blue/green in it. It's not 128/128/128 RGB grey. You might want to visit your closest service center - maybe you'd be able to see several of the colors side by side at that location. Just a thought.
Good suggestion - I will give it a try. Not sure many have made it to Houston so far, but worth a shot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts