Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to say hi. I have been a longtime lurker, and follower of the Rivian R1T and finally yesterday decided "What are you waiting for??" and placed my pre-order.

My current EV experience is actually a PHEV, a 2014 Volt. I have had it since new and it has be an exceptional vehicle, and only confirmed to me that my future vehicles should be EV (except for maybe a fun, weekend only sports car). The Volt was our primary family car until we had twins 6 years ago, then it wasn't enough room for weekend trips (We make a 200 mile trip (each way) once a month to visit family.), etc. We also have a Suburban which filled those needs, and last year added a VW Atlas. We were going to use the Suburban for longer trips where we needed more room, but found the Atlas able to handle that duty as well, so the Suburban has mostly sat. The R1T will replace the Suburban, and possibly/probably the Atlas as well.

In my professional career I have actually worked on several components for Rivian, and am so impressed with their design/engineering philosophy, and attention to detail, that being an "early" adopter to this new brand seems like much less of a risk than many casual onlookers would be lead to believe.

I'm excited to follow along here, and hopefully help pass the time until it is my turn to take delivery. At this point I am not anticipating that being until the end of 2022, or spring of 2023 (would actually prefer to wait until after the PA winter, at least that's what I tell myself now).

Pre-Order Details (as of 10/5/21)
R1T
Explore Package
Max Battery
Forest Green/Black Mountain
20" AT Wheels
Full Size Spare
Off-Road Upgrade

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome Camaro..... I'm new here too, but not new to EV's.

I also had a 2014 Volt, I traded it in for a 2017 Bolt, which was replaced by a Model Y in Nov 2020 :)

Agree with you... the Volt was an excellent car. I came from a 2012 Plug-In-Prius and the Volt was superior in every way to the Prius. It was a very under-rated vehicle.

I currently have a deposit on the Cybertruck and a R1T Adventure. Welcome to the waiting game brother :cry:

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem I have had with my Volt was due to the ICE (throttle position sensor went bad around 50k miles, but was covered under warrranty). We have about 120k miles on it now, over 80% in EV.

Depending on the details I may put a deposit on the Silverado EV as well, but I'm 99% sure I will be getting the Rivian. The Cybertruck does not appeal to me in the slightest. I'm settled in now for the long wait. I really wasn't planning on buying until the spring of 2023, so anything earlier than that is just bonus time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. I have been on the board for a few months trying to gain information on the Rivian vehicles. I was torn between the R1T and R1S. In the end, I decided I will keep a new Durango SUV and go with the truck. I had traded a Ram 1500 for the Durango, so this back fills my truck needs and seems super cool. I ordered it with the Max Pack battery. Any info on when Max Packs will deliver or if they have started the current lead times for an R1T.

At this point I don't feel much interest in the other truck EV options. The Rivian puts together performance, handling and the right size. The niche between the regular full size trucks which I have experienced and the smaller trucks sounds like a perfect place to be. Now anxiously awaiting, but not holding my breath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.