Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loving it so far. I can see the concerns for the tonneau cover. It kind of "looks different" every time I close it. Hopefully if will hold up long enough for them to do whatever they are gonna do.
My electrician will be here Saturday to install a 50 amp Autel MaxiCharger (hardwired). Trying to put anything into it with 120 volts is a joke. I do have a $.20/minute fast DC charger 2 blocks from my house. I tried it the other day and threw in 50 miles (bringing it to 70%) in 29 minutes. Charging at home will be a lot more convenient and cheaper. Pictures will come later.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @John B R1T! Congrats on your R1T! Is it going to be a primary vehicle for you or a secondary one?
More or less primary. My wife drives a Lexus RX350 (she'd love to have the plug-in hybrid NX, but they're impossible to find). I also have a 2006 Mercedes 280SLK that I only drive now and then (total 50k miles since new). That is the last "good looking" Mercedes (with the McLaren nose). 20 spoke rims on that make it a much better looking car. That will be my "backup"

· Registered
1,776 Posts
More or less primary. My wife drives a Lexus RX350 (she'd love to have the plug-in hybrid NX, but they're impossible to find). I also have a 2006 Mercedes 280SLK that I only drive now and then (total 50k miles since new). That is the last "good looking" Mercedes (with the McLaren nose). 20 spoke rims on that make it a much better looking car. That will be my "backup"
Those kinds of PHEVs are in insane demand! My brother in law spent countless months trying to find a RAV4 PHEV. It drove him nuts.

· Registered
2 Posts
Cheers on getting your Rivian @Felipe! What do you think of it since you picked it up? How did you spec it?
Good Morning:
Adventure, standard tires as I drive to Kerrville, and it came with no tonneau cover. I have not found a solution for that one. I have taken the beast all over and found I spend a lot of time explaining the truck and features to others. Let's keep in touch - [email protected]

· Premium Member
331 Posts
Good Morning:
Adventure, standard tires as I drive to Kerrville, and it came with no tonneau cover. I have not found a solution for that one. I have taken the beast all over and found I spend a lot of time explaining the truck and features to others. Let's keep in touch - [email protected]
Welcome! What questions have people been asking you about it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts