Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm extremely late to the show here but I just recently placed a reservation on a R1T and I cannot wait. I know it's all assumptions but does anyone know a ballpark of how many preorders there are? My kids are getting bigger and getting into more and more things and we are outgrowing my model 3 at a rapid rate. Thanks to everyone in advance! I look forward to getting more involved as time goes on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I actually read more posts, I saw this was asked (probably many many times) sorry about that guys

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Blg3404! It's hard to say at this point, on the forum's order tracker there's almost 1500 members on here with orders and who knows how many more there are.

How did you spec your R1T?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing too crazy. Just the standard wheels, the forest green which I'm thrilled to see, large pack, and the adventure package. I'm hopeful for next fall. I think I could still get a nice resale on my Tesla and I'll have a ton saved up by then.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Reserved 3/20/21 - R1T Forest Green, Adventure, Std. Wheels, Coastal interior.

As R99 said no one outside of Rivian knows how many total reservations there are (R1T/R1S LEs + all non-LEs).

Guesstimates run from 2,000 to 60,000+. IMHO I think it’s 50,000+.

I think the conversion from reservation to order will be high provided Ford does not hammer the production rate. Some mid to late Rivian reservation folks might be able to get a Lightning months before their guide contacts them.

IMO the R1T is worth the wait. Also the production process/technology will be more mature as will the charging networks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to agree based I'm what I'm reading. I can't believe I hadn't looked deeper into them before. Whatever the number is, I bet the majority of us that put 1k down are planning to buy. Not like cybertruck and just 100 down. I see a lot of cancels on that one if they're ever made in volume.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have to agree based I'm what I'm reading. I can't believe I hadn't looked deeper into them before. Whatever the number is, I bet the majority of us that put 1k down are planning to buy. Not like cybertruck and just 100 down. I see a lot of cancels on that one if they're ever made in volume.
I do think that if Ford Lightning production ramp is nailed and Rivian’s is not, then mid to late Rivian reservation holders may go with Lightning if they can get one sooner.

IMHO I do not think the reservation amount matters that much. They are fully refundable. When Rivian first started taking reservations it was a risk but now not so much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very valid point. Someone looking at 70k truck probably has the 1k to place on a reservation, for sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do think that if Ford Lightning production ramp is nailed and Rivian’s is not, then mid to late Rivian reservation holders may go with Lightning if they can get one sooner.
Agree here -- I'm very torn between the Rivian R1S and the F-150 Lightning. Go with the SUV, or a truck with open bed, tonneau and/or camper top? Just a touchscreen display, or touchscreen with a dial and some buttons? Air compressor but fewer outlets, or more outlets? Ugh it's tough. Either way though I'm super stoked about going electric!

One thing I gotta complain about the Rivian is the lack of manual adjustment of vents. WTF? Why do I need to drag icons around to adjust airflow?? How is that better engineering? <rant over>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree here -- I'm very torn between the Rivian R1S and the F-150 Lightning. Go with the SUV, or a truck with open bed, tonneau and/or camper top? Just a touchscreen display, or touchscreen with a dial and some buttons? Air compressor but fewer outlets, or more outlets? Ugh it's tough. Either way though I'm super stoked about going electric!

One thing I gotta complain about the Rivian is the lack of manual adjustment of vents. WTF? Why do I need to drag icons around to adjust airflow?? How is that better engineering? <rant over>

Coming from a Tesla, the lack of buttons and vent thing is an adjustment at first, but your get used it very quickly. I may be very wrong but the way I look at it, rivian is going to be smaller production-wise and have more attention to detail where Ford is probably going produce as many as possible. That makes me lean towards the r1t. I could be way off base, but that's how I see it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to find the YouTube video again to link it, but one of the new ones from Tuesday said Rivian was confident that they could fulfill the 40,000 preorders in 2021. Hopefully that number is accurate!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Rivian's S-1 filing says they have apprx. 48,390 preorders for the r1t and r1s

Welcome to the forum @artistofdesign.
From how I see it, Rivian has and is positioned to have a lot going on. We also have to consider how bullish people are on green deals. So while they might seem overvalued now, their actual value to the market should catch up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm going to find the YouTube video again to link it, but one of the new ones from Tuesday said Rivian was confident that they could fulfill the 40,000 preorders in 2021. Hopefully that number is accurate!
There's no frickin' way. Reach out to Rivian via phone or email if you have any doubts, they were pretty clear to me that R1S Lauch Editions will take through spring next year to fulfill.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The video miss spoke and probably meant 2022. There is absolutely no way Rivian will produce 40,000 in 2021 and it is highly unlikely they will produce 40,000 by end of 2022.

I have been told by Rivian CS several times that LE orders are expected to be completed spring of 2022. At the moment that does not seem likely either given circumstantial evidence indicating 0 to very little production/delivery of LEs since announcing production had begun in mid to late September.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts