Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just got our R1T with Forest Green paint and Forest Edge interior. We got our VIN number on August 30th, and were told 6-8 weeks. It took 5 weeks and a day. We're super excited to begin our adventures. We also have a 25' Airstream. I'm not sure how far we'll venture with it, but we will be experimenting. We also own a 2015 Tesla Model S 85D, and a 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems faster than it has any right to be. It's faster than either one of our Tesla's, but a bit harder to utilize. It does handle well for a truck, but it's not fair to compare to a car (especially a tiny one). It's regeneration seems a bit stronger, and my foot isn't quite used to it, so I drive a bit rough when slowing down at the moment. I'm sure that will improve.

It is nothing short of amazing in the quality of the workmanship in the interior. It's just beautiful and carefully crafted. All the little features continue to amaze me. I didn't know about the hidden flashlight or the speaker until yesterday when it was delivered. I'm glad that Rivian honored the reservation pricing. It is shocking that it can have so many features and such a high quality, while being notably less expensive than our model S was to purchase, despite being 7 years later. At today's Rivian pricing it would be close to equal, but still quite competitive.

I'm really looking forward to some towing tests and taking it off road (not Moab style yet). I'm considering paint protection film to save the pretty paint from scratches and small dings.

I will say that I was super impressed with the delivery experience. It was so relaxing, low key and informative - quite the opposite of a traditional car dealership. The car arrived at my house on a flatbed truck with only 29 miles on the odometer, freshly detailed, and fully charged.

I did find two small items non-functional yesterday later in the day, so I created repair requests for them. They are:
  • Can't enter Lane Keep mode - says Needs Wheel Alignment
  • Driver seat heater won't stay turned on, faults immediately
Here's to hoping that the fixes are as painless as the delivery.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Jebinc, Our truck took about 11 months from reservation to delivery. Now that Rivian is producing trucks that may be shorter now. My fingers are crossed for you.

My wife and I were super happy with our first weekend of adventures. We drove on several short trips, taking 4 people on a bike ride with bikes and gear, and 5 people to a play including a car seat. It handled both tasks super well, and got finished with the Saturday with about 90 miles of range remaining. The storage space and general comfort is outstanding.

On my delivery issues, one of them is already fixed. The lane keeping was fixed by doing a full reboot of the car's computer as instructed by Rivian support. Easy Peasy, and now it works as intended. Very nice.

The seat heater is not as fortunate though. I'm still waiting for details on how it will be repaired.

· Registered
60 Posts
@Jebinc, Our truck took about 11 months from reservation to delivery. Now that Rivian is producing trucks that may be shorter now. My fingers are crossed for you.

My wife and I were super happy with our first weekend of adventures. We drove on several short trips, taking 4 people on a bike ride with bikes and gear, and 5 people to a play including a car seat. It handled both tasks super well, and got finished with the Saturday with about 90 miles of range remaining. The storage space and general comfort is outstanding.

On my delivery issues, one of them is already fixed. The lane keeping was fixed by doing a full reboot of the car's computer as instructed by Rivian support. Easy Peasy, and now it works as intended. Very nice.

The seat heater is not as fortunate though. I'm still waiting for details on how it will be repaired.
Thank you for the words of encouragement! I found a very nice older family (like us), one state over who offered me their optioned up Adventure with only 238 miles on the odo - for current MSRP. I agreed to take it and hope to fly there later this week to pick it up! We are quite excited. Spend over an hour talking to them on the phone twice today and they are very genuine. Truck had none of the current reported issues and is S/N 97xx, so it should still have the 12v in the frunk and magnetic clips not found in S/N 11,799 and above. Maybe is had some fixes already implemented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts