Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

New reservation on 7/9/22… am I crazy?

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  davereynolds711 
#1 ·
Hello! I just put my $1k down on a whim after doing a YouTube deep dive on the R1T.

Am I crazy for reserving in this late in the game?

My current ride is a ‘14 4Runner and while it’s in perfect order even with 164,000 miles,truck fever really has me by the jewels.

I am expecting delivery of my recently built F150 Lightning with the month. I don’t NEED a truck but I sure miss having one. However I am finding the Rivian is a much better fit for me on paper (fits in my garage bays, cooler features, sportier, air suspension clearance versa)

would love to hear y’all’s thoughts! Now, back to lurking through old posts!

#3 · (Edited)
I am not a medical professional but I am sure that reserving an R1T is not a sign of insanity. If anything it is a sign of high intelligence and great taste. What kind of truck do you need? The Lightning will make a great work truck with its larger bed, much higher AC power output and compatibility with many ICE F150 work-related accessories. The R1T makes a great adventure truck with its smaller dimensions that make it more maneuverable off-road, its adjustable air suspension that gives up to 15" of ground clearance and its 835 hp that make it much faster than it needs to be. The R1T will also have access to the exclusive Rivian Adventure Network that should provide a much better user experience than the independent CCS charger networks.

#4 ·
OTOH, you might be able to find someone here or another forum who’s willing to work a deal to swap your recently delivered F150L with their recently delivered R1T. At least you would both be able to claim the tax credit as the first owners of your respective original EVs.

#9 ·
Not crazy at all. i have a lightning reservation as my wife loved the introduction promo and asked me to reserve one, however, I knew she would prefer the r1t easier for her to get in and out, smaller to drive, easier to park. Long story short, I’ll be driving the r1t when she doesn’t have it so probably never…

#14 ·
Are you really saving anything with gas prices?

Everyone’s situation is different but for me I have a 2009 Ridgeline, it gets 17mpg and costs $100/week to fill. that’s $4-500/mo.

My Lightning Pro payment is $600/mo. and free to charge on my solar.

The Lightnings aren’t really flipping for a whole lot as well. You might be better renting it out on Turo. Based on what trucks rent for, 3 rental days pays for the Lightning every month.
my 4Runner is paid off. But it costs me around $400 per month in gas.

I reserved a Lariat ER so even with a trade in, cash to boot I’m still looking at around a net $450-500 per month payment after the ZEV savings

#15 ·
my 4Runner is paid off. But it costs me around $400 per month in gas.

I reserved a Lariat ER so even with a trade in, cash to boot I’m still looking at around a net $450-500 per month payment after the ZEV savings
Not crazy at all. Hopefully ina few years Rivian will have worked out the design flaws and you can just step right up and get one That’s really good to go.

#18 ·
All car manufacturers have issues. There’s enough space for more than one brand. Rivian isn’t perfect and they haven’t pretended to be.

Agreed. I just wish the zfivian Enginnering team would have been better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.