Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra AT4
9 Posts
Added mine. Sad I only made my reservation 2 weeks ago, however, it's comforting to know that maybe reservation date doesn't matter so much as configuration. Only time will tell. This is like waiting a REALLY long time for Christmas to come!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Added my order... Looks like my chosen exterior color of Compass Yellow, only 10 of us listed. Rut-row... may be a 2023 model by time I take ownership. May re-configure when they call me to review my pre-order.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Added my pre-order a few days ago...I configured R1S Explorer edition 7 seater with LA Silver & 20 inches wheels & tires but I may changed my mind to R1S Adventure depending on the reviews on R1S Launch Edition.

I am wondering whether the Pirelli tires that was posted on the Rivian website comes with run flat tires? I currently have my BMW with Pirelli Scorpion run flat tires. No point having a spare tire as this will be space constraint and when the run flat tires are good enough for normal city & freeway driving.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Added mine. Sad I only made my reservation 2 weeks ago, however, it's comforting to know that maybe reservation date doesn't matter so much as configuration. Only time will tell. This is like waiting a REALLY long time for Christmas to come!
Added my order... Looks like my chosen exterior color of Compass Yellow, only 10 of us listed. Rut-row... may be a 2023 model by time I take ownership. May re-configure when they call me to review my pre-order.
Added my pre-order a few days ago...I configured R1S Explorer edition 7 seater with LA Silver & 20 inches wheels & tires but I may changed my mind to R1S Adventure depending on the reviews on R1S Launch Edition.

I am wondering whether the Pirelli tires that was posted on the Rivian website comes with run flat tires? I currently have my BMW with Pirelli Scorpion run flat tires. No point having a spare tire as this will be space constraint and when the run flat tires are good enough for normal city & freeway driving.
Welcome everyone!

Considering any other vehicles as well or just set on getting the Rivian?
Will the R1T/R1S be another vehicle in your garage or are you replacing something with it?

@DavidEV LV, according to Pirelli, the Scorpion Verde All Season tires on the R1S are run-flats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome everyone!

Will the R1T/R1S be another vehicle in your garage or are you replacing something with it?

@DavidEV LV, according to Pirelli, the Scorpion Verde All Season tires on the R1S are run-flats.
View attachment 1936
Thank you very much eHauler for the Pirelli tires information. This New Rivian R1S will replace my current 2016 BMW X5 SUV 7 seater. Will save me a lot of money on gasoline and maintenance upkeep expenses. I want to do my part in saving the environment too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome everyone!

View attachment 1936
I’m going to email Rivian to verify If they are run flat. The Pirelli page discussing the tires designed for Rivian do not talk about being run flats. They talk about making them lighter and less rolling resistance and will have a RIV and ELEC on the side for Rivian and Electric.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m going to email Rivian to verify If they are run flat. The Pirelli page discussing the tires designed for Rivian do not talk about being run flats. They talk about making them lighter and less rolling resistance and will have a RIV and ELEC on the side for Rivian and Electric.

Thank you ehauler for sharing the Pirelli tires website and also to SANZCO2 for emailing to Rivian for the assistance in this matter and I await your posting on the outcome soon.

I really hope that Rivian will have these Pirelli Scorpion Verde run flat tires as standard tires in all Rivian vehicles.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra AT4
9 Posts
Welcome everyone!

View attachment 1936
Thanks for the welcome. I've pretty firmly set my sights on the Rivian. I remember looking at their website years ago and thinking how cool it'd be to have an electric truck, but never expected them to actually come through with a product. Now here we are. The Rivian I'm getting will be replacing my current 2019 GMC Sierra AT4. Looking forward to leave the ICE behind.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thank you ehauler for sharing the Pirelli tires website and also to SANZCO2 for emailing to Rivian for the assistance in this matter and I await your posting on the outcome soon.

I really hope that Rivian will have these Pirelli Scorpion Verde run flat tires as standard tires in all Rivian vehicles.
Here is the response from Customer service. They have confirmed that none of the Rivian Pirellis are run flat......

181 - 193 of 193 Posts