Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @grantkl.

Did you consider ordering any other vehicles before going with a Rivian?
I also have a pre-order on a F-150 lightning but that's more of a hedge against the delivery of the R1T. I loathe the look of the CT so it's out and there aren't really other players in the electric truck space that are mature enough.

So short answer, not really :) I want an electric truck to replace my current ICE mid-size (Colorado ZR2).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I also have a pre-order on a F-150 lightning but that's more of a hedge against the delivery of the R1T. I loathe the look of the CT so it's out and there aren't really other players in the electric truck space that are mature enough.

So short answer, not really :) I want an electric truck to replace my current ICE mid-size (Colorado ZR2).
Welcome @grantkl! How do you think the R1T stacks up to the Lightning? Or vice versa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome @grantkl! How do you think the R1T stacks up to the Lightning? Or vice versa.
Obviously we need to see real world range numbers, but I'm currently pre-ordered for a max pack because I want as much range as possible (especially with towing). I think the F-150 is likely a better overall Truck (storage and bed size for sure), but I like the lifestyle aspects of what Rivian is attempting to do as they more align with what I do (outdoors and what not).

Also there are going to be a bajillion F-150 Lightnings on the road and I typically like more rare vehicles.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Nice. What Lightning model are you getting?
Last I heard Ford was aiming to deliver the first Lightning pickups in early 2022.

Oh and Elon Musk admitted that the CT could be a flop :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Obviously we need to see real world range numbers, but I'm currently pre-ordered for a max pack because I want as much range as possible (especially with towing). I think the F-150 is likely a better overall Truck (storage and bed size for sure), but I like the lifestyle aspects of what Rivian is attempting to do as they more align with what I do (outdoors and what not).

Also there are going to be a bajillion F-150 Lightnings on the road and I typically like more rare vehicles.
Yeah anyone looking to get the Lightning for exclusivity is going to only enjoy that for a short time haha. If there's one thing Ford knows how to do is scale truck production.

·
Registered
R1S, Compass Yellow, Forest Edge Interior
3 Posts
After being on the sidelines for a couple years, I preordered today.

R1S, Compass Yellow, Forest Edge Interior, 7 seater.

I’d like to get all terrain tires, but I’m going to wait before changing preorder to decide if I buy from the factory or in the aftermarket. I opted for 7-seats because it was no price difference, so I’ll probably yank the 3rd row and store it. We may drop the Forest Edge once we see it, I wanted black but the wife liked the funky green.

I know it’s a late preorder, but I figure I might get lucky with an early delivery because of the unique trim (maybe it will get grouped with earlier Compass Yellow orders?). We have two cars right now, this is the only vehicle coming to market that does everything we need in one package. Once I ran the numbers on keeping our existing two cars (F150 and LR3), this is significantly cheaper after two years. Even with the crazy high taxes on new vehicles in my metro.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
After being on the sidelines for a couple years, I preordered today.

R1S, Compass Yellow, Forest Edge Interior, 7 seater.

I’d like to get all terrain tires, but I’m going to wait before changing preorder to decide if I buy from the factory or in the aftermarket. I opted for 7-seats because it was no price difference, so I’ll probably yank the 3rd row and store it. We may drop the Forest Edge once we see it, I wanted black but the wife liked the funky green.

I know it’s a late preorder, but I figure I might get lucky with an early delivery because of the unique trim (maybe it will get grouped with earlier Compass Yellow orders?). We have two cars right now, this is the only vehicle coming to market that does everything we need in one package. Once I ran the numbers on keeping our existing two cars (F150 and LR3), this is significantly cheaper after two years. Even with the crazy high taxes on new vehicles in my metro.
Welcome @Forager1

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the Rivian?
Did you consider any other ways to spec your R1S?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome @Forager1

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the Rivian?
Did you consider any other ways to spec your R1S?
We virtually cross shoped the R1S with the Mach E, XC40 Recharge, and Lightning Pro. The R1S was the only vehicle that had the combination of towing, driver aides, and space that we were looking for. Every other vehicle option came up short in one category.

Regarding specs, I was interested in a base trim and paint —Explore with LA Silver. I very much liked the yellow, but it’s got a steep price tag. My partner loved it and decided we should get what we want since we haven’t bought a new vehicle before. Then she saw the Forest Green interior and that was that. Things might change when we see them in person, but we are excited with the combo right now.

·
Registered
785 Posts
We virtually cross shoped the R1S with the Mach E, XC40 Recharge, and Lightning Pro. The R1S was the only vehicle that had the combination of towing, driver aides, and space that we were looking for. Every other vehicle option came up short in one category.

Regarding specs, I was interested in a base trim and paint —Explore with LA Silver. I very much liked the yellow, but it’s got a steep price tag. My partner loved it and decided we should get what we want since we haven’t bought a new vehicle before. Then she saw the Forest Green interior and that was that. Things might change when we see them in person, but we are excited with the combo right now.
Compass Yellow and Forest green is going to be a cool color combination, congrats @Forager1! Will this be your first EV?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, first EV. We’ve been waiting for a full size SUV or full size truck for a while. The R1S beats out the Lightning (for us). I do wish R1 offered a home backup feature —that’s a huge selling point for Ford.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts