Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
261 - 280 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
@hkb261 did you check out any more traditional SUV's, even if they weren't electric?
I did. I feel that Rivian, with the help of their huge Amazon fleet, is going to make quick progress on getting into Level 3 autonomous. That's also only going to be possible due to their OTA updates. I couldn't find any traditional SUVs that offer true OTA updates for the car's electronics and didn't want to get stuck in another car that doesn't evolve for the next 3-6 years. Also, I'm generally pretty unwilling to get a vehicle this large that isn't electric purely from an environmental standpoint. I live in the PNW, it's literally burning down more and more every year, I can't say I want a car for camping and to enjoy the outdoors when I buy one that helps lead it to destruction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Added my configuration. I hope my car can survive until the delivery date. Fingers crossed. Can't wait to see the R1S in my driveway!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now that the configurator has been released, it is time to organize a new list where everyone can share what they ordered. As vehicles reach production, we will be able to see as a community which configurations reach pre-order holders first, and which configurations are built later. Please take 2 minutes to join the effort and enter your configuration.

Step 1: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread
Step 3: View Results

Share the reservation tracker so we can add more entries. In the future, the thread will be updated with interesting statistics based on the entries.
Done

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now that the configurator has been released, it is time to organize a new list where everyone can share what they ordered. As vehicles reach production, we will be able to see as a community which configurations reach pre-order holders first, and which configurations are built later. Please take 2 minutes to join the effort and enter your configuration.

Share the reservation tracker so we can add more entries. In the future, the thread will be updated with interesting statistics based on the entries.
Done

·
Registered
R1T
2 Posts

Done.

·
Registered
R1T
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @mlor
When did you reserve your Rivian R1T and when are you expecting to take delivery?
Sorry! Should have included that.

I reserved it August 12th, 2021. The page says "Deliveries Begin January 2022", but I expect that's a pipe dream?

I don't recall what Rivian has claimed for delivery of that Max Pack vehicles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry! Should have included that.

I reserved it August 12th, 2021. The page says "Deliveries Begin January 2022", but I expect that's a pipe dream?

I don't recall what Rivian has claimed for delivery of that Max Pack vehicles.
LOL . . . I'm thinking my delivery is a pipe dream too, and I reserved in Feb 2019!

My configuration page also says "Deliveries Begin January 2022" and I've had no contact from Rivian.

·
Registered
2011 4Runner, 2015 Q50, R1S pre-order
3 Posts
Please take 2 minutes to join the effort and enter your configuration.

Done. R1S Adventure Pkg. pre-ordered 7/26/2021. Red Canyon, 20" All-Terrain Dark wheels, Compact spare tire, Off-Road Upgrade, Ocean Coast interior, 3rd-row seating, Cargo Crossbars, Wall Charger, adrenaline, and a dash of pride. The last two options were the most expensive.

Reactions: eHauler

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Done. R1S Adventure Pkg. pre-ordered 7/26/2021. Red Canyon, 20" All-Terrain Dark wheels, Compact spare tire, Off-Road Upgrade, Ocean Coast interior, 3rd-row seating, Cargo Crossbars, Wall Charger, adrenaline, and a dash of pride. The last two options were the most expensive.
Welcome to the forum @kdcold. Nice way to spec your R1S.

Were you considering any other vehicles before deciding to go with a Rivian?

·
Registered
2011 4Runner, 2015 Q50, R1S pre-order
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @kdcold. Nice way to spec your R1S.

Were you considering any other vehicles before deciding to go with a Rivian?
Honestly, I started off looking to replace my 4Runner with a step up to Land Cruiser. Consumer Reports actually brought Rivian to my attention, though they obviously had no review yet.
So, I thought....10-ish mpg ICE or similarly equipped EV? The R1S grew on me very quickly.
As a distant Plan B, though, I have to admit the F150 Lightning may become my fallback if an R1S isn't available to me in the next year or so.
Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just ordered a R1S, Adventure package, 7 seats, LA silver/Ocean Coast with spare and wall charger. Long time Tesla owner.
Looking forward to trying out Rivian!

·
Registered
2 Posts
R1T, Adventure, max pack, Green/Forest Edge, 22" tires for long road trips and reduced cost with 21" replacements. Looking forward to driving to ADK mountains...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just ordered a R1S, Adventure package, 7 seats, LA silver/Ocean Coast with spare and wall charger. Long time Tesla owner.
Looking forward to trying out Rivian!
R1T, Adventure, max pack, Green/Forest Edge, 22" tires for long road trips and reduced cost with 21" replacements. Looking forward to driving to ADK mountains...
Just found this! Done!!
Congratulations guys and welcome to the forum!

@Filter what made you switch from Tesla? Which cars did you own?

@Sugar Pants @mandylianne is this going to be your first electric vehicle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations guys and welcome to the forum!

@Filter what made you switch from Tesla? Which cars did you own?

@Sugar Pants @mandylianne is this going to be your first electric vehicle?
I have had the model S (2) since 2015, as well as a Model 3 performance. I also have a few SUVs (MB GLS450, Jeep GC) . This Rivian would replace one of my SUVs, and seems ideal for a family of 5 with teenagers. We are pretty active, love to hike and ski, and everything about the R1S seems thoughtfully designed for a family like ours. If the driving experience and reliability are as good as I think it will be, I will likely replace my Teslas. (The customer service with Tesla has really eroded over the years)

Excited to join the forums and hopefully buy the car soon!

261 - 280 of 316 Posts