Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
301 - 320 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now that the configurator has been released, it is time to organize a new list where everyone can share what they ordered. As vehicles reach production, we will be able to see as a community which configurations reach pre-order holders first, and which configurations are built later. Please take 2 minutes to join the effort and enter your configuration.

Step 1: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread
Step 3: View Results

Share the reservation tracker so we can add more entries. In the future, the thread will be updated with interesting statistics based on the entries.
Added my configuration for R1S Adventure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations guys! Welcome to the forum! Have you owned other EVs before?
Thanks Jimmy, I’m a current Model 3 owner! Hoping we all get some clarity on production timing from Rivian and they’re better at hitting deadlines than Tesla.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Added: color planned is either Limestone or Forest Green. Can’t commit yet till I see Limestone on a real truck vs just the configuration photoshop images.
R1T: Large Pack. 20 AT black. Maybe Forest Edge.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

other potential changes: also put down a deposit on the Lightning. Now it just comes down to who get me a truck first :)

In most ways I prefer the Rivian, but I worry a bit as New Mexico will not have a service center (not Rivian’s fault as NM has old laws that protect dealerships).

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Added: color planned is either Limestone or Forest Green. Can’t commit yet till I see Limestone on a real truck vs just the configuration photoshop images.

other potential changes: also put down a deposit on the Lightning. Now it just comes down to who get me a truck first :)

In most ways I prefer the Rivian, but I worry a bit as New Mexico will not have a service center (not Rivian’s fault as NM has old laws the protect dealerships).
Welcome @Gavin! Which ways do you prefer the R1T over the Lightning? and vice-versa?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome @Gavin! Which ways do you prefer the R1T over the Lightning? and vice-versa?
Lightning: local service, established brand, frunk is killer (Rivian should borrow that design as it is easier to load and unload).
Rivian: size (don’t need a full sized truck), much cooler in almost all ways. Very unique and I do love a David vs Goliath story. More “fun” and off road adventuring, vs more construction site utility.
Truthfully either would be a great electric truck.
With covid cancelling a few vacations we decided to buy some land in the Jemez Mountains on the rim of a super volcano. Suddenly my Chevy Bolt, which is an amazing city/suburbs car, didn’t quite fit my out of town needs.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Lightning: local service, established brand, frunk is killer (Rivian should borrow that design as it is easier to load and unload).
Rivian: size (don’t need a full sized truck), much cooler in almost all ways. Very unique and I do love a David vs Goliath story. More “fun” and off road adventuring, vs more construction site utility.
Truthfully either would be a great electric truck.
With covid cancelling a few vacations we decided to buy some land in the Jemez Mountains on the rim of a super volcano. Suddenly my Chevy Bolt, which is an amazing city/suburbs car, didn’t quite fit my out of town needs.
Would you still check out the Lightning when its out?
A comparison of both would be great. I've been hearing lots of great things about the Ford

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats @lamartian! How is the Polestar to drive and live with? I haven't been able to drive one yet.
We love the Polestar! It's been a fitting replacement for our beloved MT GTI - super quick when you want it to be with a much smoother, but still sporty ride (we didn't get performance package). It's perfect as our DD for a 5 mile commute in a college town. (So far we've just used a slow wall charger at home and only plug it in on the weekends; I think we get about 18% charge in 12 hours.) We also love the Android Automotive system since we're already dedicated Google/Pixel/Nest users. The only downside is that I find some of the black cloth on the doors marks a bit easily. Otherwise, though, it's fantastic.

301 - 320 of 374 Posts