Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
481 - 500 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pre-ordered R1S Nov 6, 2020. At the end of 2021, Rivian emailed me with this: "Your Adventure Package R1S estimated delivery window is October - December 2022."

I very much doubt that delivery window with Covid still rampaging and supply chain issues finding no correction anytime soon. So I just put in an order for a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland V8 4x4 that will supposedly be ready end of March. Keeping the Rivian pre-order since you never know...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Placed the pre-order for an R1S on 1/21 - Just added to the tracker.
Pre-ordered R1S Nov 6, 2020. At the end of 2021, Rivian emailed me with this: "Your Adventure Package R1S estimated delivery window is October - December 2022."

I very much doubt that delivery window with Covid still rampaging and supply chain issues finding no correction anytime soon. So I just put in an order for a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland V8 4x4 that will supposedly be ready end of March. Keeping the Rivian pre-order since you never know...
Welcome to the forum guys!

@thesonofgray did you look at any other EVs before going with the Grand Cherokee L?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Added mine to the tracker. Really wanting to go to electric on my next vehicle, which I didn't plan on buying until 2023 when my son turned 16 so he could take my Civic, but figured I needed to pre-order if I wanted something by then. Currently have pre-orders for Lightning & Cybertruck as well, but after being unhappy with Ford's pricing I decided to put the deposit on R1T. For me it is about replacing my Civic and my F-150 at the same time (always figured I'd be getting a Model S or 3 until Lightning got announced).

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 3522

Now that the configurator has been released, it is time to organize a new list where everyone can share what they ordered. As vehicles reach production, we will be able to see as a community which configurations reach pre-order holders first, and which configurations are built later. Please take 2 minutes to join the effort and enter your configuration.

Step 1: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread
Step 3: View Results

Share the reservation tracker so we can add more entries. In the future, the thread will be updated with interesting statistics based on the entries.
pre-order config entry completed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently I am 624th on the list of people that have registered. Oct 24th, 2019. It would be interesting to know the percentage of people that are registered vs orders. I have never been able to get an answer from Rivian on how far down the list I am. Launch edition White w Black Mountain. I love the blue and the green but I tend to keep my vehicles black or white for resale down the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Completed the form. R1S Adventure Package in Compass Yellow and Forest Edge interior with 20" wheels and the off-road package. Ordered 6/1/2021.

I've received an email estimating delivery in "first half 2023".

I will cancel if the Max Pack battery is not available before I have to confirm my delivery.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Completed the form. R1S Adventure Package in Compass Yellow and Forest Edge interior with 20" wheels and the off-road package. Ordered 6/1/2021.

I've received an email estimating delivery in "first half 2023".

I will cancel if the Max Pack battery is not available before I have to confirm my delivery.
If they don't have the max battery pack when that happens are you looking at any other EVs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most likely I will cancel then start a new order when max pack is available. I am not in a rush. My next purchase criteria is:
  • Electric range over 300 miles (road trips, mountainous area)
  • Enough space to sleep in the back, preferably lay flat (road trips)
  • Comfortable interior (road trips, mall crawling)
Other possibilities are the Lexus RZ-450, Tesla Model Y, Audi e-Tron, Mercedes EQS, and VW ID.Buzz. The Rivian R1S appears to provide everything those vehicles are promising while also being offroad capable, a interior style I like, and a price that is overly reasonable. I prefer the Rivian R1S but if all I can get is 317 miles, I'll do another market check for electric SUVs.

I get that 317 miles is a lot. I want more. Faster charging would be nice too.

I already own a plugin hybrid Jeep Wrangler so the offroad capability of Rivian R1S is nice but unnecessary for me.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Most likely I will cancel then start a new order when max pack is available. I am not in a rush. My next purchase criteria is:
  • Electric range over 300 miles (road trips, mountainous area)
  • Enough space to sleep in the back, preferably lay flat (road trips)
  • Comfortable interior (road trips, mall crawling)
Other possibilities are the Lexus RZ-450, Tesla Model Y, Audi e-Tron, Mercedes EQS, and VW ID.Buzz. The Rivian R1S appears to provide everything those vehicles are promising while also being offroad capable, a interior style I like, and a price that is overly reasonable. I prefer the Rivian R1S but if all I can get is 317 miles, I'll do another market check for electric SUVs.

I get that 317 miles is a lot. I want more. Faster charging would be nice too.

I already own a plugin hybrid Jeep Wrangler so the offroad capability of Rivian R1S is nice but unnecessary for me.
Welcome to the forum.
Not being in a rush is probably the best way to go about buying a new EV, especially with so many set to come out and some launches already being chaotic. Have you test driven some already or plan to as soon as you can?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Added my configuration. Ordered Sept 2020. I've changed colors several times; hope to see the green and black on the road to help with my final decision.
How do we find our order number?

481 - 500 of 596 Posts