Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
641 - 660 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just joined today, Pre-ordered my R1S with common configurations on 9/20/2021. Would anybody give me a quick hint when my delivery date estimate might be. Need this info to decide if I will sign on my BMW iX order which I preordered 11/2/2021. BMW told me it is at a German port and will arrive in 2 weeks. Priced at ~90k, with tax and fees totaled at 97k.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Submitted my 11/2021 pre-order details. Rivian estimating delivery. (originally Oct-Nov 2021) —> now Dec 2022-Jan 2023. No Guide yet.

R1T:GW/OC/US/21”rd/CK/CB/HC
First post here. Just Submit my config. No ETA yet, but worth the wait.
I just joined today, Pre-ordered my R1S with common configurations on 9/20/2021. Would anybody give me a quick hint when my delivery date estimate might be. Need this info to decide if I will sign on my BMW iX order which I preordered 11/2/2021. BMW told me it is at a German port and will arrive in 2 weeks. Priced at ~90k, with tax and fees totaled at 97k.
Submitted my 2/22/22 reservation details...
Congratulations guys and welcome to the forum! What convinced you to place an order on a Rivian?

·
Registered
Rivian Blue R1S
5 Posts
Hi @R99. Thanks for the warm welcome. I've posted a few times on the other Rivian forum, and have posted a lot on TMC the past 2.5 years I've owned a Tesla. I've really gotten into the RV (Travel Trailer) lifestyle, and got by with towing my '20 Airstream BaseCamp 20X with my '20 Model X Long Range+ with upgraded hitch. The X got totaled in January, and a new one was going to cost me $120K+ and it's admittedly not the best fit for such a purpose.

So... I decided to go in on a Rivian. Put in a reservation on 2/22/22 for a LimeStone R1T with Max Pack and a variety of goodies, but over time have decided on an R1S in Rivian Blue with the 20" AT's instead. A few reasons:

1) I've owned several trucks, but have never personally owned a "real" SUV (the X is more a crossover IMO). Looking forward to seating 7 in a pinch and ALL that interior space, plus much more capable off-roading which I can see myself doing...
2) Currently tow my Airstream with a 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4 and it's fine, gas prices not withstanding. I figure for short trips to our land I will tow with the R1S; our primary home is in Frisco, TX just North of DFW and we have property in Comfort, TX a bit NW of San Antonio. For longer trips will probably tow with the Tundra since we're planning on keeping it as an "insurance policy" vehicle and for knocking around on our ranch property.
3) Switched from Limestone to Rivian Blue because I am tired of driving vehicles that are a shade of black / white. Want something with some color for once; my last 5 vehicles have all been a shade of gray / silver / white.

I am already sold on the tech, etc. of EV's (yes the environmental benefits are up for debate but I think they are there). I have a huge passion for the outdoors and preserving our natural spaces if we can, as well as technology, and feel that Rivian is a great intersection of those two interests.

Looking forward to contributing to the community!

·
Registered
Rivian Blue R1S
5 Posts
Nice color choice. don't see enough of them in blue. Considered any of the other color options?
Absolutely. My original 2/22/22 reservation was in Limestone (love that chameleon color) and also looked closely at El Cap Granite. Decided on Rivian Blue because I wanted something with more character (IMO) and some of the pics of the R1S in RB that I’ve seen in Rivian marketing really pop…

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Absolutely. My original 2/22/22 reservation was in Limestone (love that chameleon color) and also looked closely at El Cap Granite. Decided on Rivian Blue because I wanted something with more character (IMO) and some of the pics of the R1S in RB that I’ve seen in Rivian marketing really pop…
I hope you plan on getting some sort of paint protection done, sort of like what this one received:
Starting to think that blue might fade over time if exposed to the sun long enough.

·
Registered
Rivian Blue R1S
5 Posts
I hope you plan on getting some sort of paint protection done, sort of like what this one received:
Starting to think that blue might fade over time if exposed to the sun long enough.
Yup will do glossy on front fascia and side view mirrors, door handles, and strip on the back lift / tailgate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! What other vehicles were you guys looking at before going with a Rivian?
I have an order for the Chevy Silverado BEV but prefer the Rivian. Was finally able to test drive at the Rivian Service Center here in Denver. Right now I've been trying to decide if the MAX battery is worth waiting for especially now that I'm losing the tax credit with the extra $10K

641 - 660 of 663 Posts