Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
661 - 680 of 728 Posts

· Registered
2023 Rivian R1T (Ordered)
13 Posts
Howdy! I just ordered my Rivian R1T this weekend. I wanted to get a "written binding contract to purchase" in before President Biden signs the Inflation Reduction Act and I no longer qualify for the $7,500 tax credit.

Over the past couple of years, I've had three other EVs, including a Tesla Model 3 and two Mustang Mach-Es. They've all been great cars, and have complemented our solar array and Tesla Powerwall batteries. The other day, my wife said, "I can't remember the last time I bought gasoline"!

When it arrives, my 2023 Rivian R1T will replace my 2020 Ford F-150 Diesel pickup. With diesel prices well north of $6 per gallon, it's time for the truck to join the rest of the electric stable. I might have gone for the Ford F-150 Lightning, but Ford is sitting on 200,000+ reservations that they're slowly converting to orders. There's no word on when they might be taking reservations again for that vehicle.

Besides, Rivian's tech is likely superior to Ford's and I like the fact that the R1T is smaller than the F-150. The Lightnings I've seen are enormous, and I really don't need a truck that big. By the time my Rivian rolls off the assembly line sometime next year, I'll be more than ready for it!

Reactions: Kewlasu

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, I have an estimated delivery date of Oct-Nov '22, when should I expect to hear from my guide?
I dont remember when I put my order in and can't seem to find it on the website. I ordered the adventure package in LA Silver and Black Mountain interior.

· Registered
3 Posts
So many configuration changes for me in the past month - I hope it doesn’t bite me in the butt!
-Order placed 4/29/2022 (Explore + max pack)
-Last month changed from Limestone to Forest Green after seeing Limestone in the wild (no offense Limestone owners 😬)
-Last week forced into Adventure
-Next day changed from Max pack to Large pack based on analysis of driving habits etc

So I gather that my current config is closer to what’s coming off the line right now, but I hope it didn’t bump me to the bottom!

Anyways, happy to be here and learn from everyone!

· Premium Member
330 Posts
So many configuration changes for me in the past month - I hope it doesn’t bite me in the butt!
-Order placed 4/29/2022 (Explore + max pack)
-Last month changed from Limestone to Forest Green after seeing Limestone in the wild (no offense Limestone owners 😬)
-Last week forced into Adventure
-Next day changed from Max pack to Large pack based on analysis of driving habits etc

So I gather that my current config is closer to what’s coming off the line right now, but I hope it didn’t bump me to the bottom!

Anyways, happy to be here and learn from everyone!
Do you only have a Rivian reservation or also another EV?
I know some people reserved a few EVs and just go after whichever arrives first.

· Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How did you spec your Rivian?
R1T, Max pack, Adventure, Camp Kitchen, Tent, 21" road wheel, but most importantly YELLOW paint ;)

I'm looking forward to being able to take it out on a trail and camp up overnight, plus in the future I expect to be heavily renovating/rebuilding a house and having plenty of power and ability to cook will be very handy.

Am a Tesla owner whilst I wait for the Rivian, I only recently moved over from Europe and Tesla had the shortest wait time to get an EV.

· Registered
3 Posts
Do you only have a Rivian reservation or also another EV?
I know some people reserved a few EVs and just go after whichever arrives first.
This is the only EV I’m currently interested in. I’m hoping the company can stick it out until they really find their footing. I can wait til then, I’d rather have an EV truck that speaks to me, rather than having an EV just for the sake of having an EV. To a point, of course :)

· Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 3522

Now that the configurator has been released, it is time to organize a new list where everyone can share what they ordered. As vehicles reach production, we will be able to see as a community which configurations reach pre-order holders first, and which configurations are built later. Please take 2 minutes to join the effort and enter your configuration.

Step 1: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread
Step 3: View Results

Share the reservation tracker so we can add more entries. In the future, the thread will be updated with interesting statistics based on the entries.
Added my config. You might want to clean up a lot of the dates. Numerous obvious calendar errors.

661 - 680 of 728 Posts