Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Completed the tracker form today! I preordered the R1S in June and configured a Launch Edition version with Limestone exterior/Ocean Coast interior. I might change my mind on the exterior color, but I'm sold on the Ocean Coast. I just wish it were a little warmer/darker (more tan/beige than gray). I went from tan interior to black with my last car purchase and find the black a little depressing (& hot in summer). Still hoping to see the paint colors in person. R1S is often shown in green in promotional images -- I love it when it looks more muted, but in some images it looks too green for me.
What are the other colors you're considering for your R1S? Since it's a Launch Edition are you considering Launch Green?

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
82 Posts
What are the other colors you're considering for your R1S? Since it's a Launch Edition are you considering Launch Green?
Similar situation and I am between Launch Green and Rivian Blue. I find the blue awesome but the green looks also pretty good and it’s free.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Completed the tracker form today! I preordered the R1S in June and configured a Launch Edition version with Limestone exterior/Ocean Coast interior. I might change my mind on the exterior color, but I'm sold on the Ocean Coast. I just wish it were a little warmer/darker (more tan/beige than gray). I went from tan interior to black with my last car purchase and find the black a little depressing (& hot in summer). Still hoping to see the paint colors in person. R1S is often shown in green in promotional images -- I love it when it looks more muted, but in some images it looks too green for me.
Where about are you located?

Information on Rivian showroom locations are becoming available. Chicago and California locations were confirmed here recently.

The R1S should be a nice upgrade from your XC90!
Were you considering any other vehicles?

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations guys! Welcome to the forum! Are you guys new to EVs or have you owned them before?
New to EVs for us. Looking forward to learning more about the R1T as well as setting up our home EV infrastructure too while we wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@stephencs have you seen enough real-world photos of blue? That should help to decide.
I've seen some of the images that Rivian has tweeted, but I'll probably need to wait until I see it in person before I make up my mind fully. Guess that is one benefit of being further back in the list.

Congratulations guys! Welcome to the forum! Are you guys new to EVs or have you owned them before?
Thanks! I've got a 2016 Nissan Leaf and my wife has a Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid (Which the Rivian will be replacing).

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've seen some of the images that Rivian has tweeted, but I'll probably need to wait until I see it in person before I make up my mind fully. Guess that is one benefit of being further back in the list.

Thanks! I've got a 2016 Nissan Leaf and my wife has a Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid (Which the Rivian will be replacing).
Since you have 2 EVs currently what kind of a charging setup do you have at home?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since you have 2 EVs currently what kind of a charging setup do you have at home?
I was using the Juicebox 32A for the leaf, since that was my daily commuter car. However that started throwing an error with the GFI and I got quoted $300 + shipping to fix it, so back to using the 120v charger that came with the car. Not a big deal right now, since I am WFH for the foreseeable future. The Pacifica has just always used the level 1 charger. We will probably need to get a new level 2 charger once we have the Rivian, but will likely be able to share it without too much issue. I can't imagine how long a level 1 charger would take to fully charge a Rivian. Something like 70 or 80 hours I would assume.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Are are you considering any other color options if you don't end up wanting blue?
Have you looked into upgrading your home electricals yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are are you considering any other color options if you don't end up wanting blue?
Have you looked into upgrading your home electricals yet?
The green is quite nice, but we will likely just end up going with the silver if we don't go for blue.

Our electrician said it would be quite expensive to upgrade the electrical to charge a second car at 40A, so we will probably just stick with one level 1 and one level 2 charger. We also looked at the NeoCharge and Clipper Creek dual chargers, but not sure the cost is worth the extra little bit of convenience. We haven't yet run into a situation where both cars needed to charge and were needed on short notice, and if that ever came up there are some DC fast chargers pretty close to our house.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
82 Posts
I would also wait to see what Rivian has to offer. They said they would offer a wall charger and you actually pay/finance everything together when buying the car so that would be like adding an accessory to the car. They made it sound like it would be super convenient.
The green is quite nice, but we will likely just end up going with the silver if we don't go for blue.

Our electrician said it would be quite expensive to upgrade the electrical to charge a second car at 40A, so we will probably just stick with one level 1 and one level 2 charger. We also looked at the NeoCharge and Clipper Creek dual chargers, but not sure the cost is worth the extra little bit of convenience. We haven't yet run into a situation where both cars needed to charge and were needed on short notice, and if that ever came up there are some DC fast chargers pretty close to our house.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts