Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Porsche 911, BMW i3 REX, Dodge RAM 3500
15 Posts
Fit and clearance is fine on standard ride height and with full suspension travel there has been no rub. My guess is the tire is out about 5/8" at the side wall from stock but there is a bit more tire bulge which is good, the rims have more curb/rock protection because of the 8" rim width which helps compensate the lower offset of the 8.5" stock rim width. Offset was a factor but the backspacing was where I had concerns due to the caliper clearance. I tried a Dodge SRT wheel with similar specs (20x9 25MM offset) and it did not fit due to caliper rub. Not a lot of aftermarket options so far and I wanted to keep the wheels inside the wheel well and keep the on rails handling. I am happy with what I found with both looks and fit.
Thanks for the great info!

Did you consider going with 275/60R20 tires instead of 275/65R20? 60's seem to be closer to the 21s in terms of circumference and potentially better efficiency as well as more tire options and lower prices?

I am also in Colorado and will most likely go with a similar setup since the 20" Rivian options are so pricey, so much appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts