Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.. just joined today.. R1T & R1S reservation holder. looking forward to joining the discussion as well as finally getting the keys to my Rivians. Exciting times!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum @PuddleMonkey! Are you planning on getting both the R1S and R1T? Or are you waiting to see which one you can get sooner?
We are getting both .. we have been and currently are a pure Jeep family .. switching over to full-time Rivian once they finally hit production. Wife wants the R1S and I am getting the R1T.. looking forward to run that truck thru its paces with my work needs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum @PuddleMonkey !

Are you planing to get both models or just making sure you're on the list so you can decide later?
hi there.. we are getting both, wife wants the R1S and I am getting the R1T.. we have been and current are a pure Jeep family and will be making a full time switch to Rivian/EVs. The truck will come in handy for my work needs so am looking forward of putting it thru its paces

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dayumn! Love the TrackHawk.

Also bringing back memories of when I drove the first Grand Cherokee SRT8. That was such an unexpected blast back then.

·
Registered
403 Posts
We are getting both .. we have been and currently are a pure Jeep family .. switching over to full-time Rivian once they finally hit production. Wife wants the R1S and I am getting the R1T.. looking forward to run that truck thru its paces with my work needs.
Hey @PuddleMonkey, welcome aboard! That's awesome that you're planning on getting both the R1S and R1T! What made you decide to make the switch to fully electric?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey @PuddleMonkey, welcome aboard! That's awesome that you're planning on getting both the R1S and R1T! What made you decide to make the switch to fully electric?
Gonna be honest .. I am not a big fanboi about EVs .. still think that the tech is way too immature to support any sort of meaningful transition or evolution of transportation. But we as a family were impressed and pleasantly surprised upon Rivian's market launch. We are huge outdoor/adventure folks.. we like the fact that Rivian will offer up "battery jerry cans' for the truck as well as solar charging option to supplement energy needs/consumption. I am always out for a lookout for off-roading ready/capable trucks due to my job .. doesn't hurt either that our life/house/ect is all connected thru "Alexa".. Rivian seems to fit the bill for our needs hence our support and deposit to give this EV lifestyle a try. Will maintain an ICE on the side .. just in case.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Gonna be honest .. I am not a big fanboi about EVs .. still think that the tech is way too immature to support any sort of meaningful transition or evolution of transportation. But we as a family were impressed and pleasantly surprised upon Rivian's market launch. We are huge outdoor/adventure folks.. we like the fact that Rivian will offer up "battery jerry cans' for the truck as well as solar charging option to supplement energy needs/consumption. I am always out for a lookout for off-roading ready/capable trucks due to my job .. doesn't hurt either that our life/house/ect is all connected thru "Alexa".. Rivian seems to fit the bill for our needs hence our support and deposit to give this EV lifestyle a try. Will maintain an ICE on the side .. just in case.
It sounds like you're actually going to take them off-road which is great. I hope most owners use them as adventure vehicles along with their regular commute.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome.
Have you checked out what electric vehicle charging infrastructure is like around you currently? And what's planned to be live eventually? I know electrify america has a map that shows both. There might be others. Keep us posted on anything Rivian sends you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome.
Have you checked out what electric vehicle charging infrastructure is like around you currently? And what's planned to be live eventually? I know electrify america has a map that shows both. There might be others. Keep us posted on anything Rivian sends you.
Electrify America/ChargePoint would be our future go-to charging networks that we would hit up for our needs. Generally speaking all of our needs will be met from our home charging setups. In my case, due to work, I travel on a daily 150-200mi radius.. so the range of 400mi will suffice. i am also banking on Rivian's mention of additional "jerry can battery packs" for the R1T which will come in handy for me and my work needs of accessing remote destinations 80% of my work travel.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Electrify America/ChargePoint would be our future go-to charging networks that we would hit up for our needs. Generally speaking all of our needs will be met from our home charging setups. In my case, due to work, I travel on a daily 150-200mi radius.. so the range of 400mi will suffice. i am also banking on Rivian's mention of additional "jerry can battery packs" for the R1T which will come in handy for me and my work needs of accessing remote destinations 80% of my work travel.
I wonder how easy those packs are going to be to change if they do come for the R1T.

·
Registered
105 Posts
According to this article the "jerry can battery packs" will somehow be able to fit in the truck bed. But I'm not sure if they mean for actual charging or just for carrying.

Scaringe confirmed earlier reports based on patent filings that the Rivian R1T pickup will be designed to accept accessory battery packs that fit into the bed like a toolbox or a false bed floor. The company still hasn't specified how big those accessory packs might be, but they will come on top of the truck's largest 180-kilowatt-hour, 400-mile battery pack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts