Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hope R1T will have this already by next year 🤞
I think it will but if I were Rivian I would require current reservations to upgrade to it. I would not give it away at the reduced prices.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I hope not. That will be another revolt. It will be uncharacteristic of the (new) online car-buying process/experience. Maybe that was part of the supposedly +20% price increase but RJ is not going to reverse the “no price increase for pre-orders before March 1” decision.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I hope not. That will be another revolt. It will be uncharacteristic of the (new) online car-buying process/experience. Maybe that was part of the supposedly +20% price increase but RJ is not going to reverse the “no price increase for pre-orders before March 1” decision.
I agree, they will not reverse it but that is for current tech. You would have the option to stick with current price current tech or move to the newer tech 800 volt/ bidirectional charging if you want to but at new price.

If people revolt on that then that is on them. It makes perfect business since and anyone with stock would appreciate it. Most people were revolting because there was no consideration for the early pre-order holders and how the price changes were announced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts