Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen this article posted here yet:

I found this interesting: RJ said that among the pre-order configurations "'Trucks tend to be a little bit wilder on the colors,' he says. SUV customers are a bit more conservative.'" Makes sense I guess.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
Interesting quote from the section discussing the Rivian Adventure Network...

“ Rivian is concentrating on the highest traffic corridors first.”

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Interesting quote from the section discussing the Rivian Adventure Network...

“ Rivian is concentrating on the highest traffic corridors first.”
Will be interesting to see where exact there are located and what prime locations they miss out on. Because so far there's a lack of Rivian dealership locations along the east coast.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I'm in Colorado so my interests are different than yours, except that we probably both want as many as possible all across the continent.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Will be interesting to see where exact there are located and what prime locations they miss out on. Because so far there's a lack of Rivian dealership locations along the east coast.
This has been bothering me. I know CA is heavy for EV sales, but the East Coast has both high population and dense population. It's so odd, to me, that there's no locations planned between probably NY/DC and Atlanta, initially.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The stuff about the R2 and R3 vehicles stood out for me.

Rivian R1 Family To Be Followed By R2, R3

The R1 family of vehicles comprises the halo products, but lower-priced models are being planned. Scaringe says there's a whole slew of products to follow and the naming convention will continue, which means next up would be an R2 series of at least two smaller electric vehicles to coincide with the smaller platform they will ride on, then another platform for R3.
Rivian has not shown any of the future products, but the company is oriented to adventure-type trucks and SUVs. Executing means additional production capacity, different form factors, and different price points and markets, Scaringe says. It is reasonable to assume similar body styles but in different sizes.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
I’m guessing the R2 series will be more Subaru / Audi Q3/5 like. Seems to fit better with their brand.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
112 Posts
R2 in the size of a Q5 would be amazing, then I hope they do an R3 that is like the Audi Allroad/Subaru style vechicles.

If this happens I can definitely see 2 Rivians in our garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts