Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan is getting into the electric pickup truck game before Rivian and Tesla thanks to a partnership with Chinese company Dongfeng. The two companies will be introducing the Dongfeng Rich 6 EV and will offered for sale only in China.

The specs aren't mind blowing by any means, but it definitely makes things easier for Nissan to create its own version for the American market.

·
Registered
155 Posts
it definitely makes things easier for Nissan to create its own version for the American market
Perhaps, but I have my doubts. E.g. unless they increase the top speed of 68 mph this could be a tough sell in the US. Plus, Nissan is initially launching this only in China. It's not known yet when it will be available in the US and Europe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps, but I have my doubts. E.g. unless they increase the top speed of 68 mph this could be a tough sell in the US. Plus, Nissan is initially launching this only in China. It's not known yet when it will be available in the US and Europe.
To be clear I don't Nissan would sell this exact model in the States. I just think the partnership gives them a leg up to build their own electric pickup truck. But I agree the top speed is not appealing at all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a feeling that in the coming months we'll see a lot more from Chinese companies. China's stock market is taking off a lot and if there's anything to further stimulate stock, its good news. Thus news of more Chinese-American automotive partnerships could break soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts