Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seen this speculated but never confirmed, so I emailed Rivian directly to ask if they would be supporting one or both of these. TLDR: Nope, they won't. Their answer is below, and it's definitely disappointing,

"Thanks for reaching out! Our Adventure package comes standard with Rivian Elevation 360° featuring Alexa integration.

We believe to create a fully immersive audio experience for our community, an integrated platform optimized for Rivian was best. So, we will not be offering Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

Some key benefits of Rivian Elevation 360° audio include speakers that are positioned at precise locations throughout the cabin – including four titanium dome speakers overhead – that creates a truly immersive experience. And you can take that experience anywhere you’d like with the removable Bluetooth speaker located in the center console.

We look forward to releasing more information about our infotainment systems as we move closer to production!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

See you on the road soon,"

·
Registered
91 Posts
Systems change all of the time. Not something that concerns me in the least. I have apple play in both of my vehicles and and barley bother with them. My free Sirius expired and by chance I left it on my prefered station and it is still playing. I'm easy to please. My Bolt hopefully will do the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I find both Apply Carplay and Android Auto pretty mediocre. I look forward to something well integrated to the vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hopefully they have something better. I use Waze all of the time! It would be a damn shame if I have to suction cup my phone to my windshield like I do in my 2013 truck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had seen this speculated but never confirmed, so I emailed Rivian directly to ask if they would be supporting one or both of these. TLDR: Nope, they won't. Their answer is below, and it's definitely disappointing,

"Thanks for reaching out! Our Adventure package comes standard with Rivian Elevation 360° featuring Alexa integration.

We believe to create a fully immersive audio experience for our community, an integrated platform optimized for Rivian was best. So, we will not be offering Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

Some key benefits of Rivian Elevation 360° audio include speakers that are positioned at precise locations throughout the cabin – including four titanium dome speakers overhead – that creates a truly immersive experience. And you can take that experience anywhere you’d like with the removable Bluetooth speaker located in the center console.

We look forward to releasing more information about our infotainment systems as we move closer to production!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

See you on the road soon,"
They’re just beating around the bush. The real answer is “Amazon gave us a buttload of money so we’re not allowed to put a competitor’s system in our vehicles.”

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was watching a video of a guy going thru his Tesla Model 3. He had his phone attached to the side of the 3's monitor. He made the comment he uses the phone for Waze.
I am really hoping that Rivian allows/integrates Waze somehow!
I noticed that the DOT map for Wisconsin roads has integrated Waze traffic info.For some reason reported police location is missing. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts