Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ford Mach E Premium ER AWD
48 Posts
Not sure how this is possible based on the electronics/chipsets available today to manufactures. An InsideRadio story from 2019 stated that 62% of cars sold in US had HD radio as standard. Of course we have chip shortages today in 2021 and GM is not delivering HD on trucks and some other models this year so maybe that's in play here. It's different than the Apple/Google support issue since those require licensing to be paid to those companies and not every car company wants to that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I so don't care about OTA radio. This is a non-issue for me quite frankly. As long as it has satellite radio I'm happy.
Then you may have an issue, like I do. Sat radio is all what we use on trips. Or CD's. Now those things are "obsolete" and over the internet, and local FM, is all that is available in the Rivian. But there is Bluetooth input, so plan on getting one of your favorite add-on devices to obtain your preferred source for audio.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I so don't care about OTA radio. This is a non-issue for me quite frankly. As long as it has satellite radio I'm happy.
Guess you’ll be unhappy.

FWIW, @MilesK, a recent video review posted on YouTube briefly showed the radio page in the infotainment system and they had HD radio presets visible --including a MPS and SPS channel. Unless the R1S is different from the R1T (I'd be surprised if this was the case) then HD radio is a feature.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess I just assumed that satellite radio would be standard as most cars have it these days. That sucks but not a deal breaker. I can just connect my phone and use the app. FM radio sucks. Range is horrible and the content is crap. Annoying DJs, tons of commercials. I never listen to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.