Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I’ve seen several aftermarket offerings, but they have all been terrible. I have HUD in my current vehicle, and although it’s useful, it’s not a dealbreaker, for me. If Rivian has great integration and presentation of information in the instrument cluster, then the HUD won’t matter.

Polarized sunglasses greatly reduce the visibility of the HUD, anyway.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not a troll...trust me. I don't know you at all. No need to get hostile. Most people do not need to wear polarized lenses when driving their vehicle. You do and that's all you had to say instead of getting personal. I was not making a judgement on you or or your doctor. Back to the topic of HUD...it's a great feature and should be an option. For you, it's a no go...for many others, it'd be quite welcomed.
Exactly. You don't know me. So telling me I don't need to wear polarized sunglasses was unwarranted. Telling ANYONE they don't need polarized lenses when driving is unwarranted and unsubstantiated. The entire premise that "most people do not need to wear polarized lenses when driving" is unsubstantiated nonsense. I have no idea why you'd even make the assertion.

And FYI, I have a HUD in my current vehicle.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Most people understand that the majority of people who wear sunglasses in a car don't need to. This is by no means an attack on you of any kind. The windshields are made so that you do not need to wear sunglasses. If you have a condition that requires such a need, clarifying that without making ad hominen attacks might be a nicer way of approaching this. Your assumption that I was telling you what to do is unwarranted. If you note my original reply, it starts with 'lol'...I was being playful. I've found most people here very polite and friendly.
Ugh, you just don't get it and continue to make baseless assertions. Whatever, I'm going to add you to my ignore list now. Enjoy your life. I'm going to go back to enjoying mine.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The only special requirement when replacing a windshield with HUD is to get the right windshield part number. They have a special coating to help reflect the HUD.

all the special procedures to recalibrate sensors is for the cameras used for driving assistance tech (rivian calls theirs driver+). That would be required even without HUD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts